ace of pentacles

magissa82

hi all i was wondering how people would interpret the ace of pentacles in regards to what X person is planning to do about an estrangement between X and Y.

Im using rider waite...a bit stuck on it. I know the ace of pents relates to something tangible and real..so could it mean that X is planning on taking real steps to reconcile with Y? give an offer??

give them a gift perhaps? LOL

im stuck!!!

thanks x

Promise

Aces are indicative of new beginnings, possibilities, fresh starts, while the suit of Pentacles generally concerns more practical matters.

So I would interpret this as X making a practical and grounded effort at starting over with Y, but realizing that it will take hard work and effort from both parties, and it may even take some creative thinking to get past certain difficulties between them.

balenciaga

I would say that they will work with what they know already - the ace of p is grounded in what already exists today. It is a practical and realistic way of dealing with the reality of the situation between them; therefore, I would think that x accepts the way things stand.

John Callaghan

The AofP is very yin/accepting/feminine/concealing. It strikes at the essence of this trait, and suggests, of course, the start of a cycle. The yin forces are very darkside and clandestine, the Pentacles very worldly and practical.

I'd say X is pondering, regardless of WHAT X says, one of the following...

- a return to the conditions at the beginning of the relationship -- a hope to "return to the way it used to be."

- a fresh start of a new -- read: with someone else -- cycle

- a new, but wiser (because X has learned a practical lesson from the hurt and estrangement) and different beginning with Y. A "starting over," as it were. I think all three have symbolic validity, and would depend on the other cards in the reading.

As an aside, I'd read it entirely differently. I don't feel Tarot forces are valid for determining what ANYONE is planning. They're for channeling archetypal forces...universal energies that our subconscious can tap into...and which become irrelevant when human free will is entered into the equation.

Here, the AofP suggests to me that these conditions are in play in the situation. They're not necessarily what anyone is PLANNING, but rather the direction of things in general. And while they're still very young -- seed forces -- they're also very strong, and contain a lot of potential. It might not be too late to change the nature of the force, yet it might not be wise. Universe's cycles WILL march on, and it's often wisest to embrace, rather than fight them.

Demon Goddess

I am in agreement with John on this one...

Yes, it's something new, something practical... but it could definitely be starting off with someone else... It might even be just starting off without anyone...

Either way, it is the beginning of a new cycle.

Course I disagree with him as to what tarot forces are valid for, but then I feel that the only limitations to Tarot are those the reader puts on it.

(John, would love to discuss this concept... if you're game, start a thread).

magissa82

John Callaghan said:
The AofP is very yin/accepting/feminine/concealing. It strikes at the essence of this trait, and suggests, of course, the start of a cycle. The yin forces are very darkside and clandestine, the Pentacles very worldly and practical.

I'd say X is pondering, regardless of WHAT X says, one of the following...

- a return to the conditions at the beginning of the relationship -- a hope to "return to the way it used to be."

- a fresh start of a new -- read: with someone else -- cycle

- a new, but wiser (because X has learned a practical lesson from the hurt and estrangement) and different beginning with Y. A "starting over," as it were. I think all three have symbolic validity, and would depend on the other cards in the reading.

As an aside, I'd read it entirely differently. I don't feel Tarot forces are valid for determining what ANYONE is planning. They're for channeling archetypal forces...universal energies that our subconscious can tap into...and which become irrelevant when human free will is entered into the equation.

Here, the AofP suggests to me that these conditions are in play in the situation. They're not necessarily what anyone is PLANNING, but rather the direction of things in general. And while they're still very young -- seed forces -- they're also very strong, and contain a lot of potential. It might not be too late to change the nature of the force, yet it might not be wise. Universe's cycles WILL march on, and it's often wisest to embrace, rather than fight them.

thankyou! those three options make alot of sense to me...they actually help me understand the card a bit more in general, because I never really "got it". not very good with the aces im afraid...hehe

it does appear a new cycle is starting...it will be interesting to see how it all pans out. when i last asked this question the cards were about reflecting and basically doing nothing for awhile...so it seems things a shifting.

thanks everyone
xx