Addressing My Spirit Guides

spacemonkymafia

I loved the spread posted by KafkasGhost on addressing all of your spirit guides at once and decided to try it out.
(here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=131097&page=1&pp=10)

I used my Robin Wood Tarot.

Spread:
.1.. How many spirit guides do I currently have?
For each one, do the following spread:

2 Tell me something about your personality.
3 Why are you with me (related; personal interest; "assigned")?
4 When is your presence the strongest (in what types of situations)?
5 Please tell me an event in which your presence or influence was particularly strong.
6 What would you like me to know at the moment?

My Cards:

1. 7 of Pentacles - so 7 guides. I should say that this is a card that I have a particular connection with, not the 7pents in general just in this deck, but it has come up in every reading I've done with this deck that had to do with me personally, and it almost always pops out while shuffling. So I thought it interesting that it showed up here, when there are at least 5 other cards that could have also signified the number 7.

----------

1-2. (first guide, card 2) Page of Cups - a relaxed person, very open. not surprising, as they were the first to step forward, which also makes me believe that it is indeed a younger person, or at least younger than the others, in that they leaped forward to share first instead of hanging back and waiting like the others.

1-3. 8 of Wands - I've made a few big changes very quickly lately, I decided to move three states away from my parents' home in early December and completed the move at the start of January. Perhaps this person is with me as a result of these changes, or to help me with them?

1-4. 9 of Wands - this person is able to help me out the most in defensive situations, getting me to a place where I am in a strong, stable position and then able to work from that position.

1-5. 10 of Pentacles - I should say right now that all the cards in this position were difficult for me to interpret, to connect to a particular time in my life. If this person is with me as part of my recent life changes, perhaps this card relates to my current position in life? Attempting to create a solid, happy life by myself here while still staying connected to my family?

1-6. XIX The Sun - the steps I've been taking lately are going to be good ones for me.

----------

2-2. 2 of Wands - a wait-and-see kind of person, always on the lookout for unexpected problems.

2-3. King of Pentacles - a mature, dependable kind of man who is able to give me sound counsel if I listen to him. While doing to interpretation, I got the feeling that this is someone related to me. After the reading, I'd asked my guides to help me with interpretations if they were inclined to, to nudge me in the right direction or give me a sign that I was looking at something incorrectly. While doing this one, I felt like I was definitely in the right direction here. In thinking of KingPent kinds of men in my family, I hit on my Great-Grandfather (my dad's dad's dad), whom I have always felt a deep connection with despite him passing away when I was 10.

2-4. XVII The Star - he is able to help me see new possibilities and give me some inspiration.

2-5. 5 of Pentacles - despite what I said before, this was actually one card I could connect quite clearly to an instance in my life, and interpreted this as a time of spiritual bankruptcy. I did have a time a few years ago when I felt exactly that, and it was exploring new (to me) religions and ideas that helped me through it.

2-6. 8 of Wands - he wants me to know that now is a time of action, there are events in motion that I need to recognize and be a part of instead of sitting back and letting it all happen around me.

----------

#3 was very succinct IMO.

3-2. 7 of Wands - a determined person who stands their ground

3-3. VII The Chariot - here to give me assistance (of course :D), but also to reconcile opposing forces? Maybe he (I get the feel this guide is also male) is someone I knew but didn't get along with? I couldn't think of anyone like this that I've known, so perhaps someone from a past life of mine?

3-4. 4 of Wands - helping to recognize the correct actions to take to make my efforts successful.

3-5. King of Pentacles - a worldly enterprise, something I did that affected my life quite a lot?

3-6. Page of Wands - a generally positive message about my current situation.

----------

4-2. Queen of Wands - a warm, generous woman, intelligent and creative. A lioness.

4-3. 8 of Pentacles - helping me develop and apply my skills. Connecting this with the Queen, I sense a woman who has taken a special interest in my life, perhaps as someone she sees a lot of herself in? Or who she feels isn't reaching her full potential? She's also here as a confidante.

4-4. XIV Temperance - she can help most effectively in the situations that require moderation, or putting aside my ego.

4-5. Ace of Swords - her presence was particularly strong during a time when I made a choice that put me on a new path. Perhaps when I solidified my major in college, which changed the course of my life entirely and broke me away from teaching (which is sort of the "family trade").

4-6. XIX The Sun - this guide is in agreement with the first one.

----------

I was very confused by #5, any insight any of you could give me on this in particular would be most appreciated.

5-2. 8 of Cups - a cut-your-losses type who recognizes when it's time to change course.

5-3. Ace of Wands - I feel like this may also tie into my recent move and this guide is here because I'm at a time in my life when I'm free from the restraints I had at home and I can forge a new identity for myself.

5-4. Knight of Wands - journeys? I would like to add, in relation to what I said about asking my guides to help me during interpretation, that I at first looked to the King of Wands instead of the Knight because of how I'd written it in my journal, but while I was interpreting it as the King, I felt a number of pinches on the back of my arm, which made me take another look.

5-5. 9 of Cups - maybe a time in my life when everything seemed to be going very well for me?

5-6. 4 of Cups - this person thinks that I need to take some time to myself for a bit, tying in to the AceWands, perhaps as a way to come to an understanding about my new situation.

----------

6-2. 7 of Wands - a person very much like #3, or perhaps it is the same guide who came back twice because another didn't want to talk? I feel that this could very well be because the answers from this reading are also very short and to-the-point like #3's were.

6-3. X The Wheel of Fortune - karma, destiny. If this is #3 coming back again, perhaps he's here because of an encounter we had as opposing forces in the past? Either way, this person is not necessarily with me of their own choice.

6-4. 6 of Pentacles - strong presence when it comes to financial issues and balancing my income/spending.

6-5. King of Cups - a father figure... maybe a time when I was having particular difficulty with my dad? He and I are often butting heads, we're just too similar in personality for things to go smoothly all the time.

6-6. Ace of Swords - right now I need to let go of some aspects of the old me to make way for the new me.

----------

7-2. Queen of Wands - same personality type as #4, but unlike what I felt with #3&6 (that they could be the same person) I didn't get that impression here.

7-3. 2 of Wands - she waits in the wings (she did come last) until I hit against unexpected obstacles. This makes me think she's been with me most/all of my life. I have a Great-Grandmother (actually, the wife of the grandfather I felt was #2) who died before I was born. By all accounts she was very much a Queen of Wands type of person.

7-4. King of Wands - helping me to see when situations are exactly how they appear.

7-5. V The Hierophant - a time when I broke away from tradition. I find this to be particularly interesting if she is my Great Grandmother Dot, because #2 (Great Grandfather Jim) indicated that he'd helped me while I was struggling with my spiritual beliefs. Perhaps while he urged me to explore new ideas, she helped me sort out my issues with disentangling myself from the religious structure my parents had given me.

7-6. 3 of Wands - she wants me to know that right now is a time for confidence and for creating a solid foundation for myself and defining who I am.

----------

After this, I asked if there was anything they would all like me to know together, and told them I'd lay out three cards (no positional meanings).

XVII The Star - I should be optimistic, new opportunities (in work and love) are waiting for me. Have hope.

8 of Pentacles - Now is a time for learning new skills, but I shouldn't forget to integrate old knowledge into what I learn.

Ace of Cups - a new one-on-one relationship, perhaps an old relationship becomes something new. Or new ideas come forth.

----------

* I was pleasantly surprised at how the cards in the 6th position all seemed to coordinate. To me they all indicate that I shouldn't be so worried about my current situation (moving kind of drained my finances, and the nature of my job is that I have sporadic work so I have been a bit concerned) and that I can expect things to go well for me soon. Also, there was a lot about defining myself in my new life, as a separate entity from my parents.

* When I drew the three cards at the end, I did notice that the first card seemed to give an overall "here's what's up" and the next two delved into it further.

* The possibility of 3 & 6 being the same person was surprising. I didn't receive any indication that one of my guides didn't want to speak with me, but perhaps whoever it was changed their minds and #3 decided to jump in again.

Whew. THAT was long. :D

Any and all insight is appreciated! (And you have my thanks already if you read through it all)

KafkasGhost

I'm happy you checked this one out. :D I was often challenged by Cards #3 and #5. At that point I would just completely be receptive to whatever messages came to me, rather than try to read the answer in the card details.

spacemonkymafia said:
I was very confused by #5, any insight any of you could give me on this in particular would be most appreciated.

5-2. 8 of Cups - a cut-your-losses type who recognizes when it's time to change course.
I understood this in one of my interviews to mean that the spirit was not constantly at my side and would come and go.

spacemonkymafia said:
5-3. Ace of Wands - I feel like this may also tie into my recent move and this guide is here because I'm at a time in my life when I'm free from the restraints I had at home and I can forge a new identity for myself.

5-4. Knight of Wands - journeys? I would like to add, in relation to what I said about asking my guides to help me during interpretation, that I at first looked to the King of Wands instead of the Knight because of how I'd written it in my journal, but while I was interpreting it as the King, I felt a number of pinches on the back of my arm, which made me take another look.

5-5. 9 of Cups - maybe a time in my life when everything seemed to be going very well for me?
Knight of Wands moment in your life might have been a time when you were apt to act w/o thinking, so the Ace of Swords purpose of your spirit guide was there to say "woah, think about this first."

In particular there might have been a time when you were about to imbibe a little too much. Or partake in a bit of indulgence that may not have been exactly healthy for you, as pleasurable as it may have seemed.

spacemonkymafia said:
5-6. 4 of Cups - this person thinks that I need to take some time to myself for a bit, tying in to the AceWands, perhaps as a way to come to an understanding about my new situation.

Yup, the action/inaction decision. Knight of Wands is not apt to sit around and wait.

spacemonkymafia said:
6-2. 7 of Wands - a person very much like #3, or perhaps it is the same guide who came back twice because another didn't want to talk? I feel that this could very well be because the answers from this reading are also very short and to-the-point like #3's were.

6-3. X The Wheel of Fortune - karma, destiny. If this is #3 coming back again, perhaps he's here because of an encounter we had as opposing forces in the past? Either way, this person is not necessarily with me of their own choice.

6-4. 6 of Pentacles - strong presence when it comes to financial issues and balancing my income/spending.

6-5. King of Cups - a father figure... maybe a time when I was having particular difficulty with my dad? He and I are often butting heads, we're just too similar in personality for things to go smoothly all the time.

6-6. Ace of Swords - right now I need to let go of some aspects of the old me to make way for the new me.

I had 2 spirit guides who returned and wanted to talk more. So I had to do 2 additional interviews to let the others have their turn. :bugeyed:

spacemonkymafia said:
After this, I asked if there was anything they would all like me to know together, and told them I'd lay out three cards (no positional meanings).

XVII The Star - I should be optimistic, new opportunities (in work and love) are waiting for me. Have hope.

8 of Pentacles - Now is a time for learning new skills, but I shouldn't forget to integrate old knowledge into what I learn.

Ace of Cups - a new one-on-one relationship, perhaps an old relationship becomes something new. Or new ideas come forth.

* I was pleasantly surprised at how the cards in the 6th position all seemed to coordinate. To me they all indicate that I shouldn't be so worried about my current situation (moving kind of drained my finances, and the nature of my job is that I have sporadic work so I have been a bit concerned) and that I can expect things to go well for me soon. Also, there was a lot about defining myself in my new life, as a separate entity from my parents.

* When I drew the three cards at the end, I did notice that the first card seemed to give an overall "here's what's up" and the next two delved into it further.

* The possibility of 3 & 6 being the same person was surprising. I didn't receive any indication that one of my guides didn't want to speak with me, but perhaps whoever it was changed their minds and #3 decided to jump in again.

I think this was a good idea to ask them what they all thought about something. It tells me that they collaborate well together on your behalf, that they all get along.

:thumbsup:

BlueDragonfly

I'm really liking the idea of the 3 card message from the whole group. I'll have to add this in when I've finished the original interviews. Thanks for adding that, spacemonkymafia!

I've got 2 more that want their turn now, so I'll interview them first.

~BD~

spacemonkymafia

KafkasGhost

Thanks so much for the help on my 5th guide! For some reason it was just such a jumble to me, particularly the 4th and 5th cards about when this person's influence was strongest.

I do wish I'd recognized #3 and #6 as probably being the same guide when I'd done the reading. I could have given whichever spirit hadn't spoken another opportunity. I'd like to get further confirmation on whether #2 and #7 are my great grandparents, and if 3/6 and I have had dealings in the past, so I might ask then if who ever it is is there and would like to talk more.

Thanks again!

spacemonkymafia

BlueDragonfly said:
I'm really liking the idea of the 3 card message from the whole group. I'll have to add this in when I've finished the original interviews. Thanks for adding that, spacemonkymafia!

I've got 2 more that want their turn now, so I'll interview them first.

~BD~

I'm glad you think it's a useful addition. Hope it helped in your reading!