Advice 2 of cup/ 9 of wands???

Zaneta16

2 of cups / 9 of wands. Dose it say to fight , keep comunication?. Stop resting, watching and waiting?. Or dose it say about taking break?. Resting until ,,Going back on feet". I see two totaly oppsite options. How you see it?

rwcarter

Cards are interpreted within a context. What is the context of the pair you're discussing? A happy relationship? A break-up? Work? Finances?

That pair of cards could say thousands of things and the context helps to narrow the field.

starrystarrynight

As Rodney said, context would shed a lot more light on any possible interpretation.

Without knowing the context or question, however, as advice, the Two of Cups/Nine of Wands combo could suggest that the querent might need to understand that there is no real connection with whomever or whatever s/he is asking about (2 Cups, ill-dignified), and there is likely no leg to stand on in order to believe there is (9 Wands, ill-dignified.)

theangel

2 of cups / 9 of wands. Dose it say to fight , keep comunication?. Stop resting, watching and waiting?. Or dose it say about taking break?. Resting until ,,Going back on feet". I see two totaly oppsite options. How you see it?

Are you open or close to compromise or calling a truce with the opposition. Is what I got from it.

Zaneta16

My inner feelings

To be with him, and to rebuilt what was destroyed. Cards advised this combination. 2 cups and 9 of wands. My feelings , my view right now is negative. Right now im not going to contact him. Im afraid of rejection...

Zaneta16

What means ill dignified card?

Ill dignified?

starrystarrynight

Re: Dignities

Many readers consider the interplay of the elements "assigned" to the cards. [For many (including me) Wands=Fire; Cups=Water; Pentacles=Earth; Swords=Air.] Water and Fire clash, so those of us who consider elemental dignities will read those cards as weakened, blocked or even reversed.

That is why I took those cards to suggest that there may not be a reconciliation (the Two of Cups, dignified, sometimes points to reuniting...but here, it is ill-dignified (for the way I read.)) Likewise, the Nine of Wands is weakened for me here, so the wounded individual in the image (RWS) has nothing left to defend.

But this is simply the way I might read these cards. I offer it here just to give another possibility for the sake of discussion. Also keep in mind that if this is a part of a larger spread, the rest of the cards may sway these two in a different direction.