*Aeclectic Addict Needs Help*

kayne

Ok... I am really addicted now!
Aeclectic Tarot has become such a part of my life that in my mind I blame the aeclectic peer pressure when I buy new decks (this week: Osho Zen and Faerie Oracle...)

When I am away from my computer I keep the Forum page on and just click on 'Index' everytime I walk past my computer, checking for new posts...

I now frequent every section of the forum and even reply to posts that I know very little about (eg. Astrology...)

*I just don't know what I would do if I couldn't go here anymore!*

Pollux

Well, this disease is spreading...
We'll call it the "FO...RUM and MOU...SE" Disease!!! :D
For those who didn't catch that, I was joking on the AFTA - FOot and MOUth Disease.

AFTA: Aeclectic Forums Typical Addiction :D :D

I'm such a wise guy... 8)
Tarotbear: beware of me!
I'm going to displace you any time soon as the Forum Official Junky Wise-Guy! :D

After purplelady and Kayne, I'll make outing as well.
I'm addicted too. Yes. :)

Kiama

Kayne: Welcome, my brother, to the wonderful world of Aeclectic Addiction! I sometimes spend up to four hours a day on these boards, plus extra time away from the comuter talking bout the boards to my boyf and Malachite, plus some more time now planning and writing reviews for Solandia (I've only fully written one so far, but thee are others on their way) And then some more time with my Tarot decks and cards!

Until I came here, I wasnt a Tarot collector. I had 3 decks. Now, I have 42. I knew the name of about 6 dfferent Tarot decks, now I can name nearly every single deck I see in agazines, ads, TV, and shops.... All my money that I save up goes towards Tarot decks. Ah, but this is a happy life!

(Cue deep film advertising male voice)

Some people have chocolate...
Some have cigarettes...
Some even have alcohol...

But Kiama.... Kiama has... Aeclectic. (Cue really racey fast paced heavy music and flashy fast scenes of fingers typing frantically, and mice moving... Now cue the title....)

ADDICTION

Coming soon to a cinema near you.

Kiama :) ;p :p :*

blue

Kayne;

The first step toward recovery is admitting to yourself that you are an addict. You've come a long way when you reach that realization.

Thankfully, you don't have to live in shame as an outcase of society, hiding in darkened rooms illuminated only by the glow of a monitor screen. You needn't spend the rest of your life stealing change from your loved one's to satisfy your need for the newest tready tarots. Take heart! You are only one of hundreds who have a Solandia on their Backs!

The only lasting way to regain balance in your pathetic life is through service to others. Get a second job and buy all of your Tarot deck through Aeclectic Tarot!

Scorpion

Yep - it's definitely fun being an addict! I will admit to being one here, but at home I deny all knowledge: my dearly-beloved used to spend hours online only grunting if I tried to start a conversation, so I decided two can play at that game and I found this site. Now he's miffed that I spend a lot of time online and just because he's got bored with his sites he now feels entitled to complain that I'm addicted! I have pointed out to him that the difference is I am learning and interacting with others - whereas he just "looked" at all the usual sites for men! His argument was that that was different (not sure how - research? *LOL*). I think what really irritates him is that I often beat him to the best computer which he regards as his by right!

tarotbear

:p :p :p

You can always replace me as 'junky wise-guy', but I'll always cherish the Aeclectic title bestowed on me by the forumites:

Wizard In Residence <):)~

:p :p :p

kayne

Well... just to prove how addicted I really am... It is nearly 1am Sunday - just came home from a party and all the way home I was thinking, "I wonder what new posts are on Aeclectic?" and so I just had to check them before going to bed.

Liliana

Im addicted too, usuallyI'll spend 2hours reading newstuff here, then check my email which has lists likeComparitive Tarot and my own list Christian-Tarot which often takesa couple more hours, then i have to come here and see what has been posted, then respond, then I have to check my email again, before i know it the day is over lol, andif there's everany lull I find myself looking up any decks mentioned here at variuos sites to see morepics of them, adding half to a wish list I'll never ever fill,and when really bored i do a search forTarot on ebay and look at all of the ver 1000 results, its justtoo much for me to handle, divinerguy made me want the Tarot of theCloisters, and now EVERYONE is making me want World Spirit, even tho I've looke at itbefore anddidnt like the art, but then I saw the Tower and the Strength cards, and Iwas like wow, and Im like DYING here lol, Oh Im a wise gal tooooo, im just in training

AquarianGoddess

I've come to the astrological conclusion that there is some type of "Neptunian" factor connected with this forum (Neptune rules addictions) that's drawing us in...

I'm so hooked that when I'm out on business, I find myself logging on someone's laptop and checking in. Usually it's a senior VP and I say, excuse me, can I use your computer...I must check the tarot site? Yes, I do get strange looks.

There is strong preponderence of Scorpio pervading this forum...Sun/Moon/Ascendant.

Anyways, it's a lovely place to spend time and learn and thanks to Solandia.

AG

AG

purplelady

Quote:LouiQ (17 Feb, 2002 02:01):
Yep - it's definitely fun being an addict! I will admit to being one here, but at home I deny all knowledge: my dearly-beloved used to spend hours online only grunting if I tried to start a conversation, so I decided two can play at that game and I found this site. Now he's miffed that I spend a lot of time online and just because he's got bored with his sites he now feels entitled to complain that I'm addicted! I have pointed out to him that the difference is I am learning and interacting with others - whereas he just "looked" at all the usual sites for men! His argument was that that was different (not sure how - research? *LOL*). I think what really irritates him is that I often beat him to the best computer which he regards as his by right!

Maybe he's annoyed that something other than HIM is your main focus of attention? :-D it doesn't matter if He spends 8 hours on computer, you are still supposed to be there to pay attention only to him , right ? :-D .
Well here's MY latest aeclectic addiction anecdote: I really do have to get a job , (and it isn't easy landing one in this economy either), and one of my main worries is that I'll have no time, and specifically no time for this forum (That just won't do !). Also , I think I had 3 tarot decks before I started coming here , now I have 34. No wonder I need a job bad! :-D .