After Seasoning the Deck...

EveAnna

Hi New2Tarot,
Tarot cards are tools, they give advice and comment on your future, but you don't have to take their advice. Is it just the one book your learning from? As a newbie its best to try and read as many tarot books as you can - they'll all probably give you different meanings for your cards - but in the end it'll help you in realising what each card means to you.
Also I draw cards with my left hand because its the one nearest to my heart, it is habit but i feel comfortable doing this - I've been reading playing cards for longer than the Tarot and this is one of my playing cards habits :)

New2Tarot

I have three books, but only 2 that I'm actually reading now. I finished Tarot: Plain & Simple and it was an absolute waste of 24 dollars and my time to read it. I didn't learn much from it and the explanations of the cards were pretty monotonous.

Later,
New2Tarot

EveAnna

I usually get my books from the library then take notes from them. I only own about 4 books and use them all as reference guides. Have you had a look at Joan Bunnings site yet? I'm also using her book, which I can't remember the name of lol . Learning the Tarot is like a circle, it never ends - you just get better and more experienced at it :)

Mojo

New2Tarot

If you are not going to pay attention to the answers given, why are you asking the questions? You are wasting the time and efforts of these very kind people.

If you think Miss Cleo is the be-all and end-all about Tarot, then I suggest you call her 900 line and spend your life savings talking to her. Maybe she can tell you what you want to hear.

On second thought, just give me your credit card number and I'll be happy to tell you whatever you want to hear, too.

Otherwise, learn to have some patience and you will learn Tarot just like the rest of us did - slowly over time.

Talisman

Mojo,

What'da'ya mean about time and patience?

Good grief! When I first was introduced to tarot, I recken I knew all the know all the know there was to know about tarot.

Supposin' the subject was quantum mechanics, physics, instead of tarot. Do you think I would actually have to read about it to understand it? That I would actually have to do any homework?

Let me tell you, that at parties, I can absolutely amaze people by telling them about the random action of particles.

Good grief! Mojo, you make it sound like people have to read a book, or think, or something. Just buy a tarot deck, touch it, and you're home free. Good grief!

Talisman

Yarnie

Quote:talisman (01 Sep, 2001 04:29):

Good grief! Mojo, you make it sound like people have to read a book, or think, or something. Just buy a tarot deck, touch it, and you're home free. Good grief!

Talisman

Heh, heh, heh.... Amazingly enough, some people do think its that easy.

Jimilyn
01 Sep 2001

Uh, oh!

You mean I have to read, study, *and* think????!!!!

:D :p :D :p :D :p :D

Jimilyn

The After Seasoning the Deck... thread was originally posted on 30 Aug 2001 in the Talking Tarot board, and is now archived in the Forum Library. Read the threads in Talking Tarot, or read more archived threads.

Jimilyn

Uh, oh!

You mean I have to read, study, *and* think????!!!!

:D :p :D :p :D :p :D

Jimilyn