All new de-enabling thread

Welf

Holey moley, this thread is enough to make me never ever think about considering becoming a collector of Tarot Decks in any shape or form... Reading this I consider I am fortunate in that I don't have a need to be de-enabled about any deck. I'm not a collector of Tarot decks, thus I do not pine and drool and sweat like you lot do...

This just has to be one of the most consistently hilarious threads I have ever come across anywhere..... I'm loving it... it's like a daily gossip update... Owhhh bless my mum, you lot must be one hell of a nightmare to go shopping with looking for Tarot decks.... lol...

Welf

nisaba

Le Fanu said:
Even Tarot Garden describes it as "somewhat uneven in the skill of its execution"...
And they kill with kindness. I've seem them wax lyrical about the most dreadful decks. For them to be lukewarm is condemnation indeed!

Le Fanu

nisaba said:
And they kill with kindness. I've seem them wax lyrical about the most dreadful decks. For them to be lukewarm is condemnation indeed!

Very true

Get this then; they've currently got the dreaded Power Animal Tarot in stock under the banner "5 GREAT new AG Muller titles in stock"...

nisaba

Welf said:
Holey moley, this thread is enough to make me never ever think about considering becoming a collector of Tarot Decks in any shape or form...
It's good to know that Greggors has done well, saving others from the Terrible Fate that has become her own. Mind you, she's been known to encourage me privately, even goading me into purchases! Never trust a de-enabler who owns many decks - they're up to something.)

Welf said:
Reading this I consider I am fortunate in that I don't have a need to be de-enabled about any deck. I'm not a collector of Tarot decks, thus I do not pine and drool and sweat like you lot do...
<horribly shocked> WHAT! And we let you in?

Welf said:
This just has to be one of the most consistently hilarious threads I have ever come across anywhere..... I'm loving it... it's like a daily gossip update... Owhhh bless my mum, you lot must be one hell of a nightmare to go shopping with looking for Tarot decks.... lol...
Welf
<smirk> They're my little treasures. It's actually worth doing a long-term scope through this thread and its predecessor - I know that I have ... er ... bought decks I've been effectively de-enabled on before.

In my personal life, I know two one-deck-wonders, and one three-deck wonder (how they can live such barren lives escapes me), and I've often toyed with the idea of sitting them down in front of thi thread. Giving them presents doesn't work - I always get them back - but perhaps, having them chortle their way through the de-enabling thread might just work ... to de-enable them, of course!

firefrost

Thankya Alta, Greggers and Le Fanu - I must admit I've toyed on and off with the idea of buying the Paulina, but no more! :thumbsup:

My collection continues to diminish....Mwahahaha....

gregory

Le Fanu said:
Very true

Get this then; they've currently got the dreaded Power Animal Tarot in stock under the banner "5 GREAT new AG Muller titles in stock"...
I have already had words with them about that. The response I got was priceless, but I cannot share it here due to market sensitivity. }) I assume I do not need to de-enable it again ?

gregory

firefrost said:
Thankya Alta, Greggers and Le Fanu - I must admit I've toyed on and off with the idea of buying the Paulina, but no more! :thumbsup:

My collection continues to diminish....Mwahahaha....
Spoken like a true Sparkperson ;)

firefrost

gregory said:
Spoken like a true Sparkperson ;)

:D Wunner if I'll ever look as skinny as the females on the cards....Err...Nope!

SolSionnach

Le Fanu said:
Enough said. That's the keyword.... you can just feel US Games trying to convince us it's really where it's at.

I know when Im being manipulated, and words like "sassy" and "whimsical" and a picture of the creator in thigh boots and looking 12 years old trying to sell her wares immediately ring alarm bells...

Even Tarot Garden describes it as "somewhat uneven in the skill of its execution"...
Wow. That last bit is painful. LOL to TG.

And you're quite right about that pic of the creatrix (!) - to compare her work to Thoth, or Liber T, or Haindl, or Light and Shadow, or any number of well thought out tarots... sheesh.

Not to enable anyone for those 4 decks....
Thoth: Crowley was a DEGENERATE!!11!!!
Liber T: just look at the BESTIALITY on the TEN OF CUPS, for crying out loud!
Haindl: It's like reading MUD, I tell ya!
L&S: Shitty cardstock, WAY too large cards!

(there. Did I get in under the wire??)

lizziecat

I want a Deviant Moon tarot just because it's one of the absolute best gosh-darn flipping brilliant artwork of any tarot to come out in years.

And of course I want the Commemorative Pamela deck.

If either (or both) are published by US Games that would probably be enough to stop me (I refuse to purchase any US Games deck until they take the copyright notice off the front of each card and put it on the back), but if not.....