Announcement - by Tea Biscuts

TeaBiscuts

Well I just thought to let everyone know that I am now a new fan of the Thoth, and that I will enjoy learning this deck. Would it be ok If at first I use both Thoth and my PCS A deck to help me learn, some of the symbols are clearer on the RWS/PCS deck then in the Thoth, I just need to use both to get me started. I found that I wasn't fully connecting with PCS deck, but after buying the Thoth Deck yesterday Wow and reading the booklet it now make a little more sense, also I was direct to checking out the book of laws, that also made sense, how ever I was having a bit of problem putting the Thoth and the book of laws as well as the book T to the PCS deck, spending a day with the Thoth deck and looking at the Book T etc. made better sense. Thank you to those members who have helped me find my way. oh also I was given a link for elemental Dignities which I feel works better with the Thoth deck too.

So we need to have a tea party with some biscuits, cookies and scones top with lemon jam.

Tea

Grigori

LOL, I'm always up for tea and biscuits :D I like mine with honey and lemon with a side of Arnott's Scotch Finger's please ;)

I find it really interesting to compare the RWS and Thoth, and also to look at the Golden Dawn deck that is the basis of much of each of them. You may find some of the threads in the Golden Dawn subforum very helpful. e.g. http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=96894 this thread about the 2, 3 and 4 of Wands gives some examples that apply to both the RWS and the Thoth.

I know I say this a lot, but DuQuette's book "Understanding Aleister Crowley's Thoth Tarot" would be really helpful for you at this stage also. It will help understand the structure and how everything relates together in these decks.

Good luck with your study and I look forward to hearing all about it :)