Any Pros out there that use the Haindl?

buddhagoddess

I love my Haindl and although I have only been studying for a year, I really connect with it. I have cherished this deck LONG before I even thought about studying Tarot. I had it at the Psychic Fair this weekend and another reader who has been doing it for years said she doesn't know anyone else who uses it.

Any Haindl lovers out there who use it regularly with clients?

BG

Skydancer

I'm still learning it - there's so much!! I really like it. But it will be a while before I take it out in public, so to speak. :)

*S*

Nimbus

This deck is intriguing and I have had a copy for a long time, but I find it a bit...I'm not sure of the correct way to put it...it is a bit distant and cold to me. It seems like a 'mature' deck in that I need to learn more to really appreciate the value of it.

If possible, can you explain why you like it so much and/or what draws you to it? I do have the 2-vol. companion books written by Rachel Pollack, whom I believe spent time with Haindl (I could be remembering incorrectly, though!).

It is a deck with so much, but it seems like deep space to me. I would like to get to know it better as it has different mythologies involved. Maybe all we need is more time together! :)

~Deborah

raventepes

I use it from time to time. It's a great deck, though not my "standard" reading deck, it's wonderful to read with. I have nothing but good things to say about it.

Pipistrelle

The Haindl is my most cherished deck but so far I have only read for myself with it. I'm sort of reading and studying it as I go along. But I would like to start using it to read for others as it has given me such deep, thoughtful readings. I added it to the list of decks on my website just a few days ago - no takers yet though. ;)

Lee

I believe, if I remember correctly, that Joseph Ernest Martin, the author/artist of the Quest Tarot, read professionally for years with the Haindl before his own deck was published. He's an Aeclectic member (although I think he hasn't posted for a while). You might try e-mailing him, here's his website:

http://206.130.112.246/

-- Lee

raventepes

Heh. Funny you should mention that becasue the Haindl was my primary reading deck before I got my Quest. Any more, the Quest is what I use more often than any other deck I own. Is't really the best all-round reading deck I've found. But I pull my Haindl from time to time still.