Anyone here bought tarot book imported from Taiwan?

Suriel

my tarot book and tarot cards are imported from Taiwan...
the images are different from typical RWS deck but have the same meanings.......
the book teaches some spread, but the position are also different from typical one, such as Celtic Cross Spread, my book set the position 4 at the above of the 1card, not like typical on the left hand side of 1 card....

mj07

there are actually several different variations on the Celtic Cross, so it might not be that there's anything super unusual about your book! That's why it's important, when posting about a CC spread you did, to be specific about what the card meanings are! :D

contrascarpe

I echo what my friend mj07 says.

Lswern - if I may make an observation without sounding too preachy ...... I have read a few of the threads you have started recently and your zeal for learning tarot is admirable. It reminds me of the early stages in my journey. However, take it slow. Learning tarot is a marathon, not a sprint. If you are serious to learn, you will be learning throughout your life.

I have been around tarot for the better part of thirty years, but only as a passing hobby. I decided last October to "go for it". I learned much, but at too quick a pace. I suddenly found myself burned out by December. From early December through the holidays and well into January, I did not pick up a deck or a Tarot book. I was afraid that the interest had waned.

Luckily the people on this forum (some of whom I know outside of the cyber-world) have re-established my love. I still find myself having to give it a rest from time to time, maybe a day or so a week, just to keep it fresh.

I guess what I am saying is, take it slow. Read the boards. Look back through some of the old threads. There are alot of wise people here. Actually, one could even say "Everything I Learned About Tarot, I Learned From Aeclectic Tarot".

Good luck in your journey. May it be as fulfilling as mine has been.

Dan