Are missing cards significant?

Bumpy_Boo

Hmmm...I'm asking because this always seems to happen. The most recent example I have is this: the Coffin disappeared from my Lenormand deck, and the next day I found out my cousin was dying. The day after his funeral, I came home and the card was on the floor in the middle of my room. I always keep all of my decks boxed when not in use. I'm very careful. But I am worried because it is happening again...

I haven't taken any of my decks from my house, or even my room, in about two weeks. This is because my Ten Of Wands has vanished into thin air. I have turned the place upside down, and cannot find it. Now, the Deception card from my Answer Deck has suffered the same fate. I counted the cards, put them in the box, went to use them the next day and one was missing.

Is there some significance to this? Missing cards always seem to kind of materialise after a while, in obvious places. Is this the Universe at work, or just my own human need to find significance in the mundane?

What do you guys think? :)

GryffinSong

...just my own human need to find significance in the mundane?

What do you guys think? :)

This is my opinion. You'll hear a wide variety of them, and we skeptics might be in the minority. But if it means something to YOU, then learn all you can from it. I always figure the actual reality behind an experience is much less important than what you get out of it. :)

Good luck finding your card!!!

Debra

I think yes. Why "this" card is missing, and not "that" one, is the same mystery as why tarot cards work in the first place.

Sounds like you're doing a 10 of wands looking high and low for your missing card! :heart:

Bhavana

I think you are just reading into it, like all those people who do that "cards that fall out when I shuffle are significant" sort of thing....not that I don't look at the cards that fall out, but I don't find them significant unless they show up in a reading 3 or 10 times in a row.

Sometimes a lost card is just that, a lost card. By the same principle, I could find it significant that my Vampire Tarot deck has a crease on the 8 of wands...a crease that I don't remember seeing when I first looked at the deck, or remember doing to it at any time...but hey, $&!# happens...there isn't always a reason for it.

oddtarot

Is it the 10 of wands or the deception card that is missing currently?

Bumpy_Boo

GryffinSong/Bhavana: I am certainly glad there are cynics here to keep my feet on the ground! :) I do get carried away a little with these kinds of things, and I like to hear the opposing point of view.

Oddtarot: They are BOTH gone, ten of wands first, then deception. And like I said, I am almost obsessively careful.

Debra: :D Your comment made me chuckle, the irony of it has dawned on me! The same goes for the elusive deception card - I am expecting to find it in the least likely place ;)

Bhavana

GryffinSong/Bhavana: I am certainly glad there are cynics here to keep my feet on the ground! :) I do get carried away a little with these kinds of things, and I like to hear the opposing point of view.

Oddtarot: They are BOTH gone, ten of wands first, then deception. And like I said, I am almost obsessively careful.

Debra: :D Your comment made me chuckle, the irony of it has dawned on me! The same goes for the elusive deception card - I am expecting to find it in the least likely place ;)

I hope I don't come off as too harsh or negative (i am notorious for ticking people off online) because I DO believe in signs - I just don't see them everywhere.

Bumpy_Boo

I hope I don't come off as too harsh or negative (i am notorious for ticking people off online) because I DO believe in signs - I just don't see them everywhere.

Oh no, don't worry about that :) I do that too, it's hard to understand someone's tone online :)

214red

i depends what your believe, i once found a tarot card in my bed, i was on a course my deck was not in the bed at anytime, and the card made sense to me.
I have also found a card in the turn up of my jeans i was wearing, didnt notice all day, and again the card made sense.
I have also dropped cards by mistake and the card didnt bring out any reaction in me, so i didnt see it as a sign. if you felt it, then its right

Barleywine

Sometimes when I slide a deck out of its box, a card will hang up inside and stay there. The last time that happened it was the 7 of Disks ("Failure") that went into hiding. I don't attach any significance to it although I did find it interesting that "failure" chose not to make an appearance in my draw that day. But the darn thing won't stay lost! :D