Are tarot cards a doorway for negative entities?

nickysduck2

I received a Shining angels tarot deck for Christmas last year and only started using it a few weeks ago.I am a complete novice. I talk to my guardian angels and guides everyday and asked them help me understand them.

I felt drawn to the tarot deck and felt my angels were communicating with me through it. Every card I drew for myself at first resonated with me and I felt the message the angels were trying to convey. I then started drawing cards for friends and family and they too felt amazed at how relevant the cards I drew were to their personal situations.

I was so thrilled with this that I honestly took it a bit overboard by asking questions to confirm that the positive answers I had received days prior were still on track and before I knew it was not resonating with any cards I drew at all.All my answers were negative and dark.

I was told that I muddied the cards by asking too many clarifying questions and that I needed to cleanse the cards. I left them outside during the full moon, all day in the sun and sat quartz crystals on top of the deck for a few days but still do not resonate with the cards anymore.

Last night I read that tarot cards can open the door for evil entities to attach to you and this has me scared. I knew ouija boards could do that but not tarot cards. I have put my cards away and am too scared to use them anymore, especially since I was getting such negative answers at the end.

Is it true that my angel tarot deck can possibly invite a negative entity into my life?

Aeric

Spiritual people who oppose Tarot cards and other fortunetelling will often tell you that it leaves you open for dark entities.

I don't believe this, so I'll tell you what I think. I don't think it has anything to do with negative entities.

Where this started was when you started drawing repeatedly, and often as clarifying questions. You were very excited to use your deck and somewhere along the line, burnout hit. You may have wanted different answers so that you wouldn't be getting same old, same old with every card, and so you saw negative answers where there were positive before.

I think it's good you put the cards away for a bit. Leave them there, and go back to them after you've gotten the initial rush out of your system. They can be wonderfully addictive but all readers can get burnt out from repeated use. Take some time off and then go back and read slowly, maybe one card a day or one spread a week. Pace the fun and you'll get a lot out of your cards, even realize meanings that you might not have when you were riding that high.

Instead of asking questions, just draw a card and study it, write down what you think you see, research the angel on it. You believe the angels are speaking to you through the cards, so meditate on the angel, or pray to her, write down what messages you get beyond what the booklet tells you the card means. Going through the entire deck doing this will take time. Get to really know your cards and then your readings will become more colourful, both negative and positive.

nickysduck2

I will take your advice! Just one more question. Is it my guides and angels that communicate with me through the cards?

Aeric

That's up to your own belief. But a constant Tarot user would likely tell you that nothing bad could influence you through the cards. Rather, the bad comes from poor choices you might decide based on a reading.

gregory

That's up to your own belief. But a constant Tarot user would likely tell you that nothing bad could influence you through the cards. Rather, the bad comes from poor choices you might decide based on a reading.
This. The cards are paper and ink. What people use them for is up to them, but they themselves have no powers.

Barleywine

Another thought is that it could depend on what you're trying to "open" with them. The cards are used by some for "pathworking on the Tree of Life," a form of astral projection or "scrying in the astral" using the card image as a visual key to open the portal for the "creative imagination" to flow through. Depending on your psychic make-up, this might lead you somewhere where you could have "adventures" that might be unsettling. But this is an advanced technique and nothing you're likely to encounter through the simple act of reading for yourself or someone else.

Nemia

Yes, the cards are paper and ink, and they show depictions of archetypes we all know in our lives. We all have good and bad things in our lives and minds - that's the mix of our human lives. I personally don't believe in frighenting entities that want to hurt us. I believe in the power of our free will and critical thinking to recognize what is good and what is evil, and act accordingly.

Using the cards should help you concentrate and get clarity. Once you develop negative feelings towards the cards, it's not the cardboard you should clean and clarify, but your mind. Put them away for a while but don't fear them. Just move on with your life. You'll be able to approach them again after a while if you wish to. If not, you'll get along perfectly well without them; after all, most people live without tarot cards and don't feel their lives are empty ;-)

I'm aware that we don't believe the same things; I'm always sorry to see people scared of the cards or any other human creation. I don't want to hurt you but for me, that fear borders on superstition. There is nothing in the cards that can injure you, I'm certain.

EyeAmEye

I believe INTENT, not the divinatory method of choice, attracts positive/negative "energies" (for lack of a better word).

nickysduck2

I had a positive intent with the cards.I am very spiritual (not religious) and my intent was to understand what my guardian angels were trying to communicate with me. I really felt positive while using them until I muddied them by overasking.

I was just googling some tarot info last night and came across an article a lady wrote warning people about how she attracted a demon with her tarot cards and I found it a bit disturbing. I feel protected by my angels but just wanted to ask your opinions here since I am new to all this.

I want to learn all I can and realize as a novice I have a lot TO learn. Thanks for helping me understand things better!

SwordOfTruth

The only negative entities on the planet are people, fear mongering amoung others for their own agenda's. What the deck is telling you with those negative cards is your fixation on positive outcomes is what's causing you problems. In essence there are no negative cards in the deck, only cards that highlight major life themes. Life isn't all sunshine and roses and neither are people, so why shouldn't you receive a so-called negative card from time to time?