Aries Solar Eclipse

Minderwiz

The Second New Moon in Aries occurs at 13:22 GMT on 19th April. This New Moon is also a partial solar eclipse. The eclipse is only visible in Southern Africa, Madagascar, and South to the Antarctic.

The Sun is in the last ten minutes of arc in the sign of its exaltation. The Moon is within ten minutes of arc of entering its sign of exaltation, Taurus. Mercury also conjoins the eclipse in Aries but is still retrograde and moving back into Aries as Sun and Moon pass into Taurus. The last degree of a sign is often seen as being critical or fateful and with Mars as the ruler of the Sun and Mars in opposition to Pluto this could well be a time of change, possibly violent, change at a mundane level. It will be interesting to see how this plays out at the mundane level.

Venus and Mars are still conjoined in Gemini and both trine Neptune in Aquarius. Dreams of romance might well be in the air but the opposition of Pluto, Retrograde in Sagittarius threatens to shatter any Neptunian dreams or self delusions that might occur.

Jupiter is still Retrograde and in Detriment in Virgo. Saturn, too is in Detriment in Cancer so both the greater benefic and the greater malefic are not in good placements. Jupiter squares Venus (a sign of a tendency to overindulge), Jupiter also sextiles Saturn and Opposes Uranus in Pisces Saturn also trines Uranus so we have an interesting ménage a trois between these three outer planets. The unpredictable and unusual, the excessive and the fearful – The sign of someone eating to assuage their fears or governments or organisations overreacting to unpredictable situations because they are afraid.

TemperanceAngel

I really enjoy reading the moon reports here every month, thank you!

How long is Saturn going to hang around in Cancer for? XTAX

BlueLotus

This is the second new moon in Aries this year, and it is amazing.

I always do some light meditations and state my wishes during any new moon .

Since Aries rules new beginnings, impulsiveness, the head, courage, independence, honesty, adventure, among others, I may as well meditate on these traits during this new moon.

The sun's entrance into artistic, loyal, down to earth Taurus gives us a whole other perspective on things for the next solar month, so mingling the two energies together will be interesting, even with mercury still in retrograde....!

oceanpoetry

thanks, Minderwiz, for the analysis this eclipse - I really have been feeling like there is a strange vibe in the air around this eclipse. This new moon Aries is also at 29º - which represents to me a time of clearing out old stuff, finishing up old business - before we move forward into the year. Also Mercury Rx goes along with this them of review and revise for the new moon.

ncefafn

Minderwiz, if an eclipse makes no hard aspect to any of your natal planets, is it something that you need to pay attention to?

Kim

Minderwiz

TA,

Saturn will be in Cancer for a good while yet as it spent several months retrograde. It moves into Leo in July 2005 - but remember Leo is it's other sign of detriment, so it will not be any happier.

Kim,

Whilst I wouldn't treat it as irrelevant, if there are no major aspects of any sort to your natal planets then the eclipse will have much less personal effect for you. However, remember that the eclipse may well have important effects for those you have to relate to, and so indirectly it may still affect you. Furthermore, the eclipse is likely to have a mundane effect - that is on societies and nations as a whle - and again that may have an effect on you.

However there is a strong argument that eclipses are only strong for those wh live within the eclipse path - and that let's you and indeed most of the forum members out.

TemperanceAngel

Minderwiz said:
Saturn will be in Cancer for a good while yet as it spent several months retrograde. It moves into Leo in July 2005 - but remember Leo is it's other sign of detriment, so it will not be any happier.
Minderwiz really?? That's a bit of a downer for me....Cancer cusp Leo with the Sun and Moon Cancer/Leo as well.....
XTAX