Astral travel experience

a_shikhs

I had a very interesting experience last night. :D

A little info:
I have had one out of body experience in the past (4-5 years ago) and it happened all of a sudden when I was taking a nap. Since then, I've always wanted to have another one but I think my conscious mind was not ready for it.

Two nights ago, I got this message while journeying that my intuition is going to be on a roll and that I should be more open but also careful. I didn't really understand the message but kept it in mind.

Then last night, in my sleep, I remember travelling out of my body and hovering in my room (above my body). I could see myself sleeping on the bed and I kept moving around the room, looking for my guides. But I couldn't see anyone. I was just floating. Then I saw the curtains in my room and started moving towards the curtains, in order to move out of the house and into space. But something kept stopping me and I wasn't able to leave the room and then I was pulled back into my body. I wanted to go out but just couldn't. And this was definitely not a dream as I felt it deeply inside me.

I definitely want to explore this aspect and would love to hear any tips or experiences and any book recommendations on astral travel/OBE.

Another question: Is it safe to astral travel or should one take any precautions or any guidelines when astral travelling? Many thanks. :)

celticnoodle

Interesting experience, ashikhs. Ihave travelled astrally myself but I am sorry to say I have no advice to give that wouldhelp you here. Perhaps your guides were keeping you from going outside your room, I dont know. I think even if you didnt see them, they were there with you.

As for precautions, I sometimes travel astrally w/o intending to. Timds like this, no precautions were taken & I remained safe. However when I do travel intentinally, I do ask my guides to be withme and protect me.

Hopefully some with more experience in this will have words of wisdom to share. I aminterested in hearing what is shared.

a_shikhs

Thank you for your reply CN. You are always so encouraging. :) Yeah, I had a feeling that I wasn't alone while astral travelling. Even though I couldn't see anyone, I could still sense someone being there. I guess my guides are just acting 'tough' these days. :laugh:

lyssac

I don't know how to explain it, as I am told I do it all "wrong", because I have been doing it instinctively since I was a child, and I don't have a cord or 'tether' when I travel.

One thing that helped me, though - when I was feeling uncomfortable, is that I used bits of 'guided meditations' that I had experience to guide me in and out of the astral realm. Perhaps you could get some guided meditation cds and practice reaching altered states with them, then it will be easier to astral travel when you want/need to.

celticnoodle

I don't know how to explain it, as I am told I do it all "wrong", because I have been doing it instinctively since I was a child, and I don't have a cord or 'tether' when I travel.

One thing that helped me, though - when I was feeling uncomfortable, is that I used bits of 'guided meditations' that I had experience to guide me in and out of the astral realm. Perhaps you could get some guided meditation cds and practice reaching altered states with them, then it will be easier to astral travel when you want/need to.

astral traveling experiences are so intriguing to me. I also do not seem to have a cord or tether. I've never seen one attached to me, as I can recall. I have tried to use guided meditations myself, to no avail though really. I do much better on my own. however, that is not to say that guided meditation cds won't help and I do continue to try them from time to time. thank you for your advice here. :)

canid

I've had awesome experiences & horrendous ones. I just wish I had some control over it. I've noticed, however, that it happens much more often when I'm physically exhausted. I mean, like, to the point that you feel like a limp noodle, after moving all day or something like that. Here's a description of the really nasty ones-I've kind of come to the conclusion that you can sometimes get 'stuck' somewhere on the astral plane, that's not necessarily a good place to be; it's a very very dark, frightening place. Whether it's actually prompted by other entities or the subconscious, who knows. It certainly feels like there's a dark entity there holding you hostage. It always starts though with me leaving my body & starting to float around the room, then I get 'nabbed', for lack of a better word. I seriously could attribute it to the traditional concept of hell.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=137521&highlight=sleep+paralysis