Auras & Tarot Cards

Probie

Now I know ALL readers use their intuition, but I was wondering how persons on AT - whether they identify as more *intuitive/psychic* (remember ALL readers use their intuition, so that's just a name to say this group leans more heavily on it than others), *systems-based (Kabalah/Qabala, Astrology, Numerology, Symbology)*, *archetypal/psychological*, *traditional*, *historical*, and so on, so no fighting on this part! - respond to this...

But with that as a given, what is your experience with using auras in Tarot? I'm starting to go down this road and wanted to poll the collective wisdom on this subject!

pasara

What do you mean, the aura of the querent?

pasara

It seems to me if you are reading the aura of the querent, you are reading the person, not the cards. That has its value too, but it is something other than Tarot reading.

Probie

pasara said:
It seems to me if you are reading the aura of the querent, you are reading the person, not the cards. That has its value too, but it is something other than Tarot reading.

Thanks for your reply! :thumbsup:

Actually, the answer can be "both/and." Johanna Gargiulo-Sherman in her companion book (1999) Guide to the Sacred Rose Tarot on pages 204-206 has an exercise where the reader with a set of guinea...I mean...volunteers draw one of the Major Arcana with the picture of the card towards the reader (i.e., reader can see which card it is). Then the reader is to look above the head of the person, then the card, and back and get the first impression. Then the person hands the same card to another person and procedure is repeated. A new impression will come as the aura + card interact, and the person (who represents the seeker/querent) doesn't even see the card.

It's an aura/Tarot card exercise, but very brief (2-3 pages) with not much about how this is applied. Does that help?

pasara

Probie said:
Actually, the answer can be "both/and." ... Does that help?
Wasn't my question, it was yours.
What you described might be a nice exercise and have some value to you, but auras in and of themselves are a way to see the health and energy of the person. You can add that to Tarot to get more information, just as you can do an astrological chart (especially a transit chart) and get more information. But Tarot has its own value apart from these.

Probie

pasara said:
Wasn't my question, it was yours.
What you described might be a nice exercise and have some value to you, but auras in and of themselves are a way to see the health and energy of the person. You can add that to Tarot to get more information, just as you can do an astrological chart (especially a transit chart) and get more information. But Tarot has its own value apart from these.

Of course Tarot has stand alone value, but in your experience one of these must be salient over the other?