Baby Journaling

xKam

Hi all!

I found out I was expecting a little new person sometime in late November and I've recently started to journal about my pregnancy, thoughts and emotions and events that occur up until the baby is born.

The father and I have dated on and off through college and he's around, trying to figure out the best way to be supportive. Anyway, I got the idea of showing him some of my baby journaling, one entry in particular and I pulled some cards on it just to get an idea how he'd take it.

What will he THINK when reading this journal?

Two of Cups - he will think it's filled with sprinklings of love (both romantic and friendship because there is both of that in this passage).

How will he FEEL when reading this journal?

Knight of Swords - head over heart (which is him, he's logical). But since the Knight of Swords is immature, he might be battling with being rash in himself. I just picture him attempting to compartmentalize his feelings while reading this journal.

What will be his VERBAL reaction?

The Hermit - a reaction that is well thought out, even with both the influence of the Two of Cups and the Knight of Swords. Or it might be, he's saying he needs some time to properly react to it because he needs to mediate on it.

What will be MY reaction to his?

Ace of Pentacles - I'll react as if a seed of stability has been planted. Even though this is a reaction, I tie this into my own thoughts and feelings... perhaps I feel like this is a gift I have been waiting on for us to get on more stable footing with ourselves and understanding this pregnancy and future child.

How will giving this passage to him to read affect our co-parenting and romantic relationship?

The Magician - it gives us the tools to change things to our preference. Though I note how the Mage is strategically given. It just states we'll be aware of our own power, but does not say if we'll take it or not.

I did this reading for fun. Most of my readings have been dealing with helping to keep my stress levels low and bond with my unborn baby. I have done a few personal readings regarding my child's father and our future as couple outside of our co-parent relationship, but this is interesting to see so far because it focus on both aspects.

Thanks for any ideas and help!

I might try out some gender guessing when it gets closer to me finding out the sex! :)

Amanda

What will he THINK when reading this journal? - 2 of Cups
I think he will see that you are truly connected to this baby already, developing a deep relationship with the baby.

How will he FEEL when reading this journal? - Knight of Swords
I think it could highlight how unprepared he feels... and he still might not have any idea how best to support you.

What will be his VERBAL reaction? - Hermit
He will have a thoughtful and/or inquisitive response to you.

What will be MY reaction to his? - Ace of Pentacles
Seems your reaction may have something to do with making sure you start things off right for this baby.

Just some thoughts, hope it helps. :)

xKam

Thank you Amanda!! :)

You've given me a lot of clarity for this reading. His thoughtful response and feeling unprepared mimics what we've been going through lately and so does my reaction.

I do love when the cards line up with life!

What will he THINK when reading this journal? - 2 of Cups
I think he will see that you are truly connected to this baby already, developing a deep relationship with the baby.

How will he FEEL when reading this journal? - Knight of Swords
I think it could highlight how unprepared he feels... and he still might not have any idea how best to support you.

What will be his VERBAL reaction? - Hermit
He will have a thoughtful and/or inquisitive response to you.

What will be MY reaction to his? - Ace of Pentacles
Seems your reaction may have something to do with making sure you start things off right for this baby.

Just some thoughts, hope it helps. :)