Back and Forth Cards

GoddessArtemis

If one pulls the 8 of Cups for what someone will do..and gets the 6 of Wands as the clarifying card...is the 6 negating the 8 of Cups? It has a feel of 'going away, coming back'...no? I understand the 8 of Cups as leaving an emotionally disappointing situation behind...but what is the 6 of Wands clarifying then? It's slightly bipolar in action..

GA

Thirteen

GoddessArtemis said:
If one pulls the 8 of Cups for what someone will do..and gets the 6 of Wands as the clarifying card...is the 6 negating the 8 of Cups? It has a feel of 'going away, coming back'...no? I understand the 8 of Cups as leaving an emotionally disappointing situation behind...but what is the 6 of Wands clarifying then? It's slightly bipolar in action.
It isn't back/forth if you think of someone going off to achieve their ambition. Remember that the 6/Wands is a clarifier. I would say that 8/Cups says that the person is heading out after their dreams. 6/Wands merely clarifies that their dream is to be victorious, to gain applause and fame.

So, the 8/Cups shows that person heading out to follow their dream of becoming a rock star. The 6/Wand simply clarifies that they want to be a rock star so they can be adored and applauded (and, yes, showing everyone that theyre not a loser)...not because they dream of making wonderful music or winning someone's love or making tons of money.

willowfox

No, its like a story of someone first leaving home, then going out into the world to achieve fame and if they are lucky fortune, really the same as Thirteen said. So there is no negation, only a story.