Behind the Writing Spread

Kristyjnh

I came up with this spread for National Novel Writing Month (in November) to sort of prepare for the storm to come. NaNoWriMo is a long month of novel writing, the goal being to write 50,000 words by the 31st. I have yet to win (I'm a slow writer) so I made this spread to help me better understand my writing process (and hopefully improve it!)

Behind the Writing Spread

******7******
***5*****6***
3*****4******
******2******
******1******

1. Motivating drive – why do I want to write?
2. Emotional impact – How do my feelings affect my writing?
3. Missing from view – what don’t I see?
4. Inner editor – how can I use him to my advantage?
5. Blockages – what keeps me from my work (inner or outer)
6. Clearing the rubble – how can I unblock myself?
7. Conclusion – how do I make it all the way through?

My friend and I used it together and we both got a lot out of it, now I just have to keep it's advice in mind through November.

I wanted the "missing from view" card to be off to the side, a little out of view but still part of the spread.

Happy Halloween and good luck to any Wrimos out there!

BeyondtheVeil

I'm not a writer, but I really do like your spread. Straight to the point and it looks like it would give great info! :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing the spread! It is so helpful to have all kinds of different spreads on the forums. You just never know when you may need one. :)

Brightest Blessings! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil

Glass Owl

I think that this spread would be great for artists or other creative types as well. :thumbsup:

Hemera

Great spread. I have added this to our new Index (-which is coming soon).

acidrica

Just used this, very insightful!

seedcake

Awesome idea. I'm going to check it really soon :)

Elliot

I'll be sure to make use of this spread. Thanks.

Wintergreen

Great spread! I'm going to give it a whirl, but I'll substitute "paint" instead of "write".

I like how the "missing from view" card sits parallel to "inner editor" with both adding up to Blockages... very well thought out.