Being touched...

EmpressArwen

I am always being touched by spirits. It's an interesting sensation...very electrical, tingly. This is the same feeling I get when a spirit is in the room with me but when they touch me...its more contained, pressured to one spot. I've talked to several people on here that have set ground rules about this and do not allow any touching.

I've stated no touching me at night, whether awake or asleep. It freaks me out too much in those times..but it doesn't bother me during day/awake times. I will be watching tv and feel someone sit next to me, and put their hand on my shoulder or arm. It happens so often now that I don't even blink. One time, my husband saw my hair moving as "someone" messed with it. That freaked him out!

I'm a very touchy person. Very into massage and healing touch. My late grandmother on my Father's side was a healer (with hands/touch). So I wonder if this has something to do with it??

Does anyone else get touched by spirits? How do you feel about it?

Syeraph

I have, it does feel like electrical. I will feel it now and then, but I mostly do not allow it. Not because it is dangerous or anything, mostly bc I am not a touchy person unless i really know someone. Like my family members who have passed can, but not so and sos great grandma.

however someone woke me up last night so its time to get more firm in my rules. I am so tired today.

celticnoodle

Yep, been touched by spirits too here. It can be like an electrical feeling, but I've also felt cold where touched by them. A sudden chill take over. I've been hugged by spirits and it feels like a hug. I've even been kissed and pinched on the rear end by a spirit! :bugeyed: I've had my rear end slapped before by a cheeky spirit too! And, it didn't feel cold or electrical but like a good ol slap by a fresh man! I've had spirits touch me like "tap-tap-tap" on the shoulder to get my attention.

I've had them shake me when I was in bed sound asleep, to tell me to wake up for whatever reason. Once to tell me I was about to get a phone call with bad news.

I do set the ground rules too--and most of the time it does work--but there are times when it doesn't seem to. However, all I need to do - if it is a spirit who is misbehaving, is to call on my guides and Archangel Michael to help me. That always helps.

I've had some really bad spirits come my way too--one youngish male spirit-exposing himself to me. He woke me up to do so and said something not very nice either. I told him to go away and when he continued, I c. on Archangel Michael immediately and my guides. That worked! Haven't seen him since!

Yep, also had my hair messed with--though my hair is very short--and so I can feel it-but not sure if it is very noticeable to others. I can often 'feel' them whispering into my ear, as if they cup their mouth with their hands and put their hands up to my ear as well.

It can be that you are a healer due to inheriting this from your paternal gm. Generally these abilities do run in families.

I am okay with spirits touching me, but I do set up general rules with them too. When I do my medium work, I often have the spirit step into my body and I can feel their pains, their health issues, etc. though interestingly enough, I've also had spirits refuse to do this and instead they will just tell me what they suffered with in life and how they died rather then live through it again with me and they combined as one.

The only time I had an issue was when a drug abuser stepped into my body. I didn't realize he was a drug abuser--and it was not fun. I was very sick to my stomach and my head spinning and like I said--NOT fun at all. So, I became even more careful then I had been before with spirits as a result. But, ordinarily, I do not have a problem with it.

EmpressArwen

I have, it does feel like electrical. I will feel it now and then, but I mostly do not allow it. Not because it is dangerous or anything, mostly bc I am not a touchy person unless i really know someone. Like my family members who have passed can, but not so and sos great grandma.

however someone woke me up last night so its time to get more firm in my rules. I am so tired today.

Getting woken up in the middle of the night used to scare me to death. That was the first rule. I hated it. It's been a long time since that has happened..so hopefully my rules are firm enough now.

Thanks for sharing your experiences! :)

EmpressArwen

Yep, been touched by spirits too here. It can be like an electrical feeling, but I've also felt cold where touched by them. A sudden chill take over. I've been hugged by spirits and it feels like a hug. I've even been kissed and pinched on the rear end by a spirit! :bugeyed: I've had my rear end slapped before by a cheeky spirit too! And, it didn't feel cold or electrical but like a good ol slap by a fresh man! I've had spirits touch me like "tap-tap-tap" on the shoulder to get my attention.

I was once woke up by a firm slap to the rear end. I was so mad. In fact, that was the night I got serious about my boundaries. I first thought it was my husband as it was so "real" feeling. He was snoring away though and not close enough to me to have done it. I could tell there was a spirit in the room to. I cussed up a storm and told the spirit to GET OUT! lol That never happened again.

I've had them shake me when I was in bed sound asleep, to tell me to wake up for whatever reason. Once to tell me I was about to get a phone call with bad news.

I do set the ground rules too--and most of the time it does work--but there are times when it doesn't seem to. However, all I need to do - if it is a spirit who is misbehaving, is to call on my guides and Archangel Michael to help me. That always helps.

I've since asked for Michael's help too. Things are much calmer with him around.

I've had some really bad spirits come my way too--one youngish male spirit-exposing himself to me. He woke me up to do so and said something not very nice either. I told him to go away and when he continued, I c. on Archangel Michael immediately and my guides. That worked! Haven't seen him since!

I think I would die laughing if some spirit exposed himself to me. Ew. No one wants to see that! haha

Yep, also had my hair messed with--though my hair is very short--and so I can feel it-but not sure if it is very noticeable to others. I can often 'feel' them whispering into my ear, as if they cup their mouth with their hands and put their hands up to my ear as well.

It can be that you are a healer due to inheriting this from your paternal gm. Generally these abilities do run in families.

Hmm...I wonder. My grandma was, by trade, a physical therapist. She also did healing and massage. I never got to know her. She passed when I was two but have had her around every once in a while.

I am okay with spirits touching me, but I do set up general rules with them too. When I do my medium work, I often have the spirit step into my body and I can feel their pains, their health issues, etc. though interestingly enough, I've also had spirits refuse to do this and instead they will just tell me what they suffered with in life and how they died rather then live through it again with me and they combined as one.

The only time I had an issue was when a drug abuser stepped into my body. I didn't realize he was a drug abuser--and it was not fun. I was very sick to my stomach and my head spinning and like I said--NOT fun at all. So, I became even more careful then I had been before with spirits as a result. But, ordinarily, I do not have a problem with it.

That would be so scary to me! I don't know if I could handle someone coming into my body like that.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences. :)

celticnoodle

That would be so scary to me! I don't know if I could handle someone coming into my body like that.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences. :)
You know, it sounds terrifying and before I ever experienced it--I did think it was a terrifying thing. However, the first time it happened to me, it was so gentle, I hardly even realized what was happening. It wasn't like what happened to Oda Mae (Whoopie Goldberg) in the movie Ghost. :laugh: You hardly even feel the merging. I just kind of feel like I am looking out of different eyes, and I *feel* a bit different--(depending on the person).

When I merge (for lack of a better term)--with an elderly person, I do feel sometimes like I move slower--and may be slumped over, etc. You know what I mean? I do *feel* different, but not in a scary way.

I at first thought it was due to my being an empath--and perhaps it is really--but when I once explained this to a shaman who was also a psychic medium and reiki healer--she told me that she felt it was more then my empathic abilities--that instead the spirit was merging with me.

Its very subtle most of the time. :)