Bird Flu Predictions...How Bad Will It Get?

Satori

I, like many other people in the USA, wonder just how bad the bird flu might get, not only here but around the world.

I have spoken with people who believe this flu will wreak havoc and shut down the economies of several countries once it gets rolling.

My chiropractor is stocking up on various things he thinks he will need and is advising his patients to have enough food and water for 30 days. This means that you have supplies to live in your house, without leaving, for 30 full days.

Will there be plumbing?
Will the lights go out?
Will there be enormous loss of life?
Will I, you, all of us here, survive?
Just how bad will it get???????

Believe me, I have moments of panic thinking that my kids might get it.
Then I breathe, I focus, I ground and I reconnect to the Source of Wisdom and Guidance that I know is there for me, and I ask to be held and comforted and protected.

Additionally, I work on the energy grid I have erected around my house. I do this at night as I fall asleep, strengthening it, and adding a prayer that nothing harmful befall the birds that visit my trees, and that wholeness and balance prevail, no matter the issue.

So I wonder if any of you brave psychic, tarot toting, bone throwing, steaming entrail reading intuitives, shamans, and witches would care to post here and tell me what you see happening in your home countries as well as here as far as the bird flu goes.

Some serious questions to answer in your post:

When will it hit here or in your home country?
Why the bird flu, and why now?
Will we see massive deaths of birds and extinction of bird species?
How about human deaths, will it be worst case scenario?
What do we need to learn from this scare as a global community?
What do we need to do to prepare?

And more generally, why are we seeing so much turmoil around the world in so many areas? We have major storms taking huge death tolls; wars and genocides are raging in many places with devastating effects environmentally and killing too many innocents, too many people; and strange viruses (SARS and the avian flu to name a few, not to mention AIDS, flesh eating bacterias and MDRO's) are claiming lives; and geologic activity seems alarmingly active everywhere.

Coincidence? Or something more?

Please, roll your bones, cast your seashells, throw your cards down and read the wrinkles on your face, whatever it takes to shed some light on what you all think is happening right now, primarily around bird flu, but also as pertains to the global issues that seem to be howling for our attention in a very big way.

Thank you so much for your posts. I will also be posting at some point with my own readings, but need to work out what I want to do as my divination, and what I personally want to ask.

Namaste.

Annabelle

Oh, what a thought-provoking topic! I did a reading about the bird flu just now using the questions you posted, Elf, but since I used tarot cards, I've posted it in the My Readings forum. Here's a link in case anyone is interested . . .

I hope the bird flu doesn't turn out to be as bad as scientists and others in the know say that it might be!

Satori

Thanks for posting Annabelle! Great reading too, I just read it. Will comment once I get my Druidcraft out....

What is interesting about the Hermit in your reading was also the idea that we may need to stay inside for a while, and really isolate a little from the world if and when the bird flu hits.

I am going to ask the moddie if it is okay for folks to post tarot readings here, but I appreciate and understand you posting yours over in your readings.

Having read yours I'm eager to read now and see what I get. I'm thinking of doing something similar to what Umbrae did once and do a Tarot spread, along with a few other types of divination, like an oracle, a scattering of white stones in the dirt, tossing out some beads and crystals and found objects etc.

I might also do a spaghetti divination that I thought of tonight. You know cook some spaghetti, grab a few and throw them at the wall and see what sticks and how it looks!

I have Chronata's Dreamstones set and I have been using the cloth she made for it quite a bit. So I will use that cloth for one of my readings, probably the found objects toss...and see where the different things land.

I'm fairly certain I will use the Rock Art for some part of this. I love this deck, and the ancient pictographs may actually have some kind of special message for us...if I can actually decipher what the message might be. I don't know that I will use it as a Tarot deck tho...perhaps in combination with some other method. Hmmmm...

December Fairy

I've been thinking about this too.

What do I need to stock up on?
What would be best?
Stuff you don't really need to cook I guess. You can open the can and eat it. So you don't worry about the electricity. Then I think why would the electric go out? But it could.
A lot of water, maybe juice boxes.

I also think about the dogs. Where are they going to potty, if I can't let them out?!?!?!?!?!
Get a baby pool. Buy a load of litter and bags to place it in as soon a they are done.

There is a lot to think about if we could not go out for 30 days.

catlin

Hey, guys,
Calm down! We have had the bird flu here and all that was found was one dead duck in the bassin of the Mannheim port.

No birds dropping dead from the sky, ppl were told to keep their cats inside the house for about 30 days. As a kind of precaution, I did not go into the local park because of the wild geese and other birds there. You see me and my cats are still healthy and alive. And not all birds catch bird flu. No ppl died and electricity and water supply were fine.

Please don't get into a panic. Don't stock Tamiflu (or whatever the medication against bird flu is called, it is not sure what side effects that stuff will have and if it will really help at all).

Currently there are no more news about bird flu on local tv, radio or newspaper.

BTW I did a reading on bird flu some months ago. It did not say about a world wide economical break down.

mingbop

we had one swan found dead in a harbour here --they reckoned it had come from germany. They just stopped all movement of poultry in a zone around the area and told all free-range poultry farmers to get their birds indoors. I don't think theres a huge risk to us since very close contact is necessary. The only people at risk would be slaughterhouse workers and they would given protection very fast.
But I think this is the way of the world from now on... a long time ago this earth was very dangerous,in prehistory with wild animals, in medieval history with disease & war, right up to Victorian times with illness & epidemics. In the last 2-3 generations we tend to think we have conquered it all, but we havent, and never will.

Crowqueen

A swan was found dead on Caversham Bridge here in Reading. I think they are the ones who should be panicking, not us :(. Poor swans.

Again, I think since we live in such an insulated age, we are constantly panicking over the possibility of armageddon - real life is much more boring.

NewAgeWeb

I guess it would be foolish not to have certain supplies on hand, but I think that it's mostly hype. Seems that talk of the bird flu has dropped down here in the US and sadly I think it was mostly about scaring the heck out of us and making the drug companies money selling useless drugs to people and having the government stock up on those drugs as well.

If this thing mutated it could easly be worse than the last time, what with planes and other forms of transportation that simply were not common the last time. What I never understood is why it was so much more likely to mutate this year... why not last year, or...?

Will it be bad? Could be.

Did I think it would be bad a year ago - I sure did.

But as people get out of fear mode and focus on the positive, I think we have truly averted the disaster and will continue to do so.