Blank Tarot Cards from Amazon

fairybugg

Hi everyone,
I am starting my own tarot deck. I have ordered two sets of blank tarot cards from amazon.com. I am wondering if anyone else has used these and what kind of pens did you use? The cards have a shine to them, I am assuming they are covered in some kind of plastic.
I want to do all the drawings in pen but I am not sure what kind would work without smudging everywhere.
I can take one to my local art store and just draw on it if no one else has used them but I would rather just order them on-line.
Thanks
Fairybugg

Chronata

If they are the ones I am familiar with...you can use Sharpies or other permanent markers on them...but not much else.

Still...you can get great results from those markers...and depending on the brand, you can get a wide range of colors.

I have also discovered that you can use acrylic on them, with decent results as well.

fairybugg

Chronata said:
If they are the ones I am familiar with...you can use Sharpies or other permanent markers on them...but not much else.

Still...you can get great results from those markers...and depending on the brand, you can get a wide range of colors.

I have also discovered that you can use acrylic on them, with decent results as well.
Great I will try that. I had not even thought of Sharpies, I have a ton of those... Thanks a bunch.

fairybugg

Thanks.
I will read over that... Wow not tonight though it is a big thread