Book in PDF:Maybe a good idea

Kether__

Friends:

I have thought if could be a good idea, that somebody to put in PDF format, to read it online the book Tarot Symbolism, by robert O´Neill, since I have been trying to find it, but, it seems to be out of print.

jmd said, it is one of the most interesting books on Tarot.

I don´t know if it is possible, when a book is no more available.

thank you.

jmd

Last I contacted Robert O'Neill about the re-publication of his book (which is still under copyright), he had given permission to someone else to re-publish it.

A .pdf format for a book is still a form of publishing, and is thus not so acceptable.

Some of the ongoing research he is doing continues to be placed in the library section at tarot.com, which is well worth a visit.

Webwitch

Kether__ said:
I have thought if could be a good idea, that somebody to put in PDF format, to read it online the book Tarot Symbolism, by robert O´Neill, since I have been trying to find it, but, it seems to be out of print.

As far as I am aware, it is currently in print and the Association for Tarot Studies are publishing the book.

As jmd has pointed out, to put any book (or website) still under copyright into .pdf or other format and circulate same or publish on the internent, you open yourself up to prosecution from the copyrightholders. It also means taking money out of the pockets of authors to whom those rights belong.

jmd

Yes, we did indeed publish the book since those previous posts, as Robert O'Neill since that 2003 posting re-looked and rediscussed the situation at that time in flux.

The book is indeed still, as a consequence, in print.