Book of Thoth signed by Crowley on Ebay

Scion

LOL A bargain! :D

Debra

They say they believe the book to have been owned by Frieda Harris's husband, but the names don't match up--there's no indication that Percy Alfred Harris used the name Nicholas.

midniteeye

does it come with a certificate of authenticity?

kwaw

midniteeye said:
does it come with a certificate of authenticity?

Well all 200 copies were signed and numbered : here is a picture of No 22 in a private collection:

http://www.666books.com/Firsts/thothfin.JPG

Some appear to have been signed Aleister Crowley (well, at least one that I am aware of sold by Weiser Antiquarian c. 2006) and others TO MEGA THERION 666.

Doubt the inscription to Nicholas Harris refers to Lady H's husband though and I am not sure the addition of p-orridge's handwritten poem to front pages adds to the value either, but the limited defacement probably doesn't detract to much from the value either.

Teheuti

SOLD - for $4,550.00!

Grigori

Damn! Thanks for posting Mary, good to see even if bidding is not in my budget this week. I really wish someone would buy a copy and then post good quality scans everywhere. I'd love to be able to have a look through in more detail than the few scans that are around the place already.

Le Fanu

Glad I only saw this after bidding had ended. I worry about my lack of self-control... ;)

zephyr_heart

Just curious, is there only one of that book across the globe?

Grigori

zephyr_heart said:
Just curious, is there only one of that book across the globe?

There were 200 of them printed in the 40's. It still in print, and easily avaialble as a modern printing, but these are the original first editions that Crowley had printed and they're pretty fancy :)