Books by Emily Peach, Gerald Boak

tigerlily

Hi,
saw these titles on amazon:
Emily Peach, Tarot Prediction
Gerald Boak, Prediction Book of Taromancy

Both are oop and had no reviews, does anyone know if they're good?
TL

lark

I don't know about Gerald...but a tarot book by Emily Peach was one of the few books I have ever literally thrown away.
A mish mash of jumbled thoughts and hard to follow...I didn't want to give it away because I didn't want to put it out in the world again to confuse some poor new tarot beginner.
So I'd skip that one and save your money.

Scion

Ditto what Lark said about Emily Peach: fussy, turgid, constipated prose. Her books ( I think there are 3, but one might be retitled) read like suppository instructions from a midcentury youth detention center.

Avoid. :)

avalonian

Scion said:
Ditto what Lark said about Emily Peach: fussy, turgid, constipated prose. Her books ( I think there are 3, but one might be retitled) read like suppository instructions from a midcentury youth detention center.

You have a way with words. :laugh:

I had one of hers , Tarot Workbook, understanding and using Tarot Symbolism". I remember flipping back through it thinking I must have missed something and feeling really stupid for not understanding it.

Hung on to it for over five years then finally admitted defeat and gave it to a charity shop.

tigerlily

Scion said:

ROFL Good thing I finished my coffee before I read this.

Well, no emily for me then, since you *all* are so unanimously voting against her. No wonder her books went out of print. Still wondering about the other one, Gerald Boake. After loads of psychological Tarot books I feel ready for some good, old fashioned Taromancy (that's the title of his book). Perhaps because the word has this Harry Potter feel to it...