C.C. Deck Pre-Order Requests

Lady Eclipse

Hello!

In the past several days, I've already received over 1,000 requests to pre-order the C. C. Deck. I'm truly thrilled and very flattered by your enthusiasm and confidence in this deck. I am making the effort to respond to each of you personally. Considering the way the requests are flooding in, and since I'm not certain where every single person found out about this deck, I felt it necessary to make a formal declaration here and on my website that I am not in a position to accommodate pre-orders for the C. C. Deck at this time. If you wish to continue to leave your information, that is fine. I will be announcing the release date when everything is in order. Thank you for your continued interest in and support for my work. :)

Joy to you,
Maralee

Astra

Well, at least you've got one heck of a potential customer base to take with you when you're dealing with publishers - since I think you'd said you were looking to see if you could get someone to take it on.

Play it for all it's worth, Lady Eclipse!

HudsonGray

You've got 1,000 preorders with no price listed or cards posted up anywhere for people to see what it looks like? Is that figure correct or did a few zeroes get typoed in? The figure seems awful high.

M-Press

Mercury is still retrograde...

Lady Eclipse

Astra said:
Well, at least you've got one heck of a potential customer base to take with you when you're dealing with publishers - since I think you'd said you were looking to see if you could get someone to take it on.

Play it for all it's worth, Lady Eclipse!

Hi Astra,

Yes, I am seriously looking into having a reputable publisher take it on. Thank you so much for the excellent suggestion, I hadn't even thought of that. :)

Joy to you,
Maralee

Rusty Neon

Not being a denizen of the Tarot Deck Creation board, I'm curious what C.C. stands for.

Lady Eclipse

HudsonGray said:
You've got 1,000 preorders with no price listed or cards posted up anywhere for people to see what it looks like? Is that figure correct or did a few zeroes get typoed in? The figure seems awful high.

Hi HudsonGray,

Actually, it is pre-order requests and the number is over 1,000 and still climbing. I belong to a lot of different groups, listgroups, private listgroups, etc. besides this one. There is also word of mouth involved. I have mentioned on more than one occasion that if I published the deck myself, I was going to try to keep the purchase price under $20.00. People are wanting to know what the exact purchase price is and that is something I'm unable to answer, but they are still giving me their information because they want to be on the pre-order list.

As for people not knowing what it looks like and still wanting to pre-order it, apparently all of the people inquiring have seen my other work so they "know it's going to be great." That's the most common quote I've been getting.

The interesting thing is, about two months ago, my friend Deb did a general reading for me and this deck came up prominently. She told me it was going to be a, and I quote, "Monster" and that I needed to be "extremely cautious" as there were already several people who were plotting to try to, "take it away from me." So far, her reading is coming true. The amount of requests I'm getting and then there was someone who offered to help me publish it, but after some minor investigation, it turned out to be bogus. The person doesn't even work for who they claimed to work for and never has.

Joy to you,
Maralee

Lady Eclipse

M-Press said:
Mercury is still retrograde...

Hi M-Press,

Yes, but the weird thing is, it has never adversely affected me. I was born during one so maybe that's why? :)

Joy to you,
Maralee

Lady Eclipse

Rusty Neon said:
Not being a denizen of the Tarot Deck Creation board, I'm curious what C.C. stands for.

Hi Rusty Neon,

It's not a tarot deck, it's more of a divination type of deck. I wish I could tell you what the C. C. stands for but everything is not in legal order yet so I can't. I will reveal it as soon as I can. :)

Joy to you,
Maralee

baba-prague

Well, as a dear tutor of mine once said to me "I shall follow your career with especial interest" :)

I must say we can't claim to have 1000 pre-orders (well, not if you exclude distributors). I've never heard of 1000 direct (i.e. non-Amazon, non retail, non distributor) pre-orders before so you are obviously doing something on the marketing front that is quite incredible!

Will you be selling on Amazon by the way?