Can Anyone

celticnoodle

Tell me anything about the

"The Spiritwalker Teachings: Journeys for the Modern Mystic" by Hank Wesselman and Jill Kuykendall?

I'm wondering if it is worth the price of $100.00 or not. That's a lot of money if it's not that worthwhile. I already own quite a few different CDs that have the drumming and rattling on it for trance meditations and I also have some CDs that help you to relax and travel to other worlds as well. So, I'm wondering what makes this different from those?

One that I do have currently (I also have others, but this is one I listen to most right now)-

1. Alberto Villoldo - Journeying-The Soul's Path to Freedom

So, if you are familiar with both of these, or any thoughts/information you could give to me about this would be great.

thanks in advance.

ravenest

Tell me anything about the

"The Spiritwalker Teachings: Journeys for the Modern Mystic" by Hank Wesselman and Jill Kuykendall?

I'm wondering if it is worth the price of $100.00 or not. That's a lot of money if it's not that worthwhile. I already own quite a few different CDs that have the drumming and rattling on it for trance meditations and I also have some CDs that help you to relax and travel to other worlds as well. So, I'm wondering what makes this different from those?

Profit Margins?

celticnoodle

yes, of course. there is that.

but, I guess I am hoping someone can tell me something like this--

"Oh yes! Great selection of cds that really helped me in my spiritual path! Taught me a lot about shamanism."

something like that or........something like this--

"yeah. I bought it once and got rid of it soon after. Its not worth the money. You can get just as much out of books such as these: (and list a few books) that also have cds. Don't waste your money or time."

:laugh:

something to that effect, ravenest. but TY for your reply!

Milfoil

The Spiritwalker series of books are the chronicles of Hank Wessleman's own experiences while in a trance state when he lived in Hawaii years ago. He writes about a distant future where mankind is no longer the dominant species with the technology we have now (As personal gnosis, there is no way to substantiate his experiences). This looks like a CD set to 'teach' his workshops.

If you feel that $100 is good value for 6 x audio CDs (not DVDs!) and you believe that this person has the best interests of the world at heart by offering these teachings at that price then go for it.

They may contain some interesting information, I don't know. My own gut instinct, and I think yours too since you are asking about it here, is that there is nothing which can make you a shaman for $100 and 6 x CDs should be about $60 or thereabouts so there is a discrepancy somewhere.

The Hawaiian people I have talked with don't necessarily recognise 'Kahuna' as a spiritual tradition (long story about a white guy taking that in the early 20th C and writing about it). They have a very different word and ways. So this won't teach traditional Hawaiian spiritual beliefs either.

celticnoodle

Thank you Milfoil. I'm not interested really in becoming a shaman. I'm just interested in reading about their ways. I've studied a little bit under a shaman--taking a few classes here and there who was trained in the Peruvian ways of shamanism under Alberto Villoldo. I've read many of his books too and find them very interesting. I was wondering if these CDs would add to my interest but if they are just going to be the same stuff you get in a book--I'd probably prefer to have the book. And, if the drumming and rattling (which I have many different cds of and find them helpful for meditation)is the same as everyone else's drumming and rattling CDs then why have yet another?

Anyway, as you already said, I'm already thinking $100.00 is a lot of money for CDs that I can't 'pre-listen to' to make sure its what I'm after. At least with books, I can open them and read a few of the pages and find out if it is what I am wanting. I think I am going to skip this CD purchase.

Milfoil

The Caitlin Mathews book that we had a study group about with Mi-Shell, from what I can deduce between the lines, these CDs will be an audio verson of that kind of thing with set journeys after each lesson.

The essentials are the same no matter what culture so Caitlin's Book would be a much cheaper option.

ravenest

Or cheaper still, start a tread here on shamanism ;) - that way you can also ask questions (hard to do that with a CD ;) )

celticnoodle

The Caitlin Mathews book that we had a study group about with Mi-Shell, from what I can deduce between the lines, these CDs will be an audio verson of that kind of thing with set journeys after each lesson.

The essentials are the same no matter what culture so Caitlin's Book would be a much cheaper option.
Oh yes. I remember that now. I have that book too. Thanks for the reminder of that thread, Milfoil.

Or cheaper still, start a tread here on shamanism ;) - that way you can also ask questions (hard to do that with a CD ;) )
This is true too. I will and do ask questions here when I have them. No better a place then AT for getting ideas and answers and advice about anything spiritually related or divination related. :)

ravenest

No, there is 'nothing like it' ... :laugh: