Can crystals influence a reading?

spicycat46

I use a Rose Quartz Crystal which I keep wrapped to the cards stored in a cotton bag, when I come to make a reading, most of my readings are foreseeing marriage, happy relationship etc

Question: does a crystal influence the card's outcome especially since the rose Quartz crystal emits love healing powers?

ravenest

Answer; No. A crystal cannot influence the cards outcome.

However YOU knowing the crystal is there and thinking that it might influence the cards outcome may influence your interpretation of what you think the cards outcome is.

spicycat46

Thanks for your reply I was just wondering, since I came to know that the crystal, after doing the reading, it has love healing powers

ravenest

It does (regardless of wether it 'emits' them or not )... more so if you believe that, and that is a good projection to put into things. :thumbsup:

" Love, from its awful throne of patient power
In the wise heart, from the last giddy hour
Of dead endurance, from the slippery steep,
And narrow verge of crag-like agony, springs
And folds over the world its healing wings."

spicycat46

Sorry ravenest but what is the poem you quoted mean?

ravenest

To me it means that Love is a 'high power' - exalted on a throne,
its power and force can put one in awe
it is patient, it can wait for years or devote itself for a life time.
The wise person holds on and clings to it because often at the last minute or hour
after waiting for so long and being patient
even in difficult circumstances
you, me or many may find an opportunity to receive or give healing love.

It also suggests a type of freedom; think of it like a guardian angel watching a person go along a 'slippery steep, and narrow verge', the angel lets them work it out themselves until at the last minute, when they slip into real and imminent danger just as they are about to fall, at the last minute, they are saved.

Its a bit like looking after a child ...allowing them to learn by their mistakes and little accidents but being ready to spring into action if serious harm threatens them.

There is much more to the poem ; it is from The Rite of Mars and describes a type of Martial love instead of a Venusian love.

GotH

That's beautiful...

ravenest

I am partial to a bit of rose quartz myself :)

One of the things with having rose quartz on the reading table is many people that came for a reading ... in my environment ... are familiar with what it represents, it can instantly put them at ease, "Oh ... you have Rose quartz ... <smile > "... some even put their hand toward it as if it was warm.

canid

I use a Rose Quartz Crystal which I keep wrapped to the cards stored in a cotton bag, when I come to make a reading, most of my readings are foreseeing marriage, happy relationship etc

Question: does a crystal influence the card's outcome especially since the rose Quartz crystal emits love healing powers?

I think they can, if you're doing a manifestation, but that's not really a 'reading', is it? I think it would be up in the air on whether a crystal can influence a reading, but I suppose the possibility exists, perhaps to help hone focus of the reader & querant. I don't think anyone can say for sure either way. Rose quartz is great for love issues, but you may want to try garnet, ruby, rhodochrosite, and morganite if it works for you. Wish most of my readings were foreseeing marriage & happy relationships!