Can Tarot Be Dangerous?a Very Serious Question

serenaserendipity

yes,
well put little buddha

you could put that on a wall!

s.

serenaserendipity

don't mean to change the subject...

but i've been giving an awful lot of readings...
i don't feel like my personal life is suffering, i feel like i am making a contribution... i won't be able to ALWAYS do this, but right now, i am very interested in it...

has anyone gotten a negative impression, about seeing my name too much on the reading exchange board?

balance IS important!

just curious
s

Little Baron

Serenaserendipity

I think you must do as many readings as you feel comfortable doing. And an amount that does not make you over-tired or drained. As you say, you need to maintain the balance of your energy levels to perform effective readings, which you will not be able to do if you are run down or your mind could do with a rest and recharge.

Many professional readers perform many readings. I am not a professional reader so I do not know what they do to keep their intuition fresh and their eyes from closing. But I always think that even if a lot of readings are performed, it is okay, as long as you are not asking the same questions of the cards. This can lead to problems if you do not get the answers you are looking for.

But in learning the tarot, practice is the best way to perfect your skill. On-the-job tarot training is the most effective way to help flex your intuitive muscles. Far better than reading a stack of books. Of course, moderation is a key lesson in anything, so breaks are just as important to help digest and reflect on the interpretations.

LB

ahimsa666

has anyone gotten a negative impression, about seeing my name too much on the reading exchange board?

balance IS important!

just curious
s[/QUOTE]

Sometimes you just need conversation-and that's all :) Thank you for answering my question-I'm afraid of becoming obssesed withe the cards.Thank you all for your replies and reassuring words about harmlessness of Tarot.Still, my mum's and their friend's words have a strong impact on myself.They made me afraid of myself :-( Well,maybe this is because of the Gypsies whou used to live in Poland a lot.You know,"The Gypsy witches" who could put a spell on you or steal your children.... :/ I even met one Gypsy "witch" but she just wanted to steal my money while trying to pretend she couls see my future.I hope nobody got the impression that I'm a racist!The fact that I met a Gypsy robber doesn't mean I think that all Gypsies are robbers.I think that Poles are quite superstitious-even though we live in the 21st century :)
Good night now :)

serenaserendipity

thanks for the feedback,

thanks for the feedback
little buddha and ahimsa

i seem to be on a roll, so i'll just keep rolling with it till it feels draining

though today IS very very sunny and i think i must needs go ride my bicycle now!

luv and bells

and bless
serendipity

Umbrae

Overdependence on anything is bad for a person. Gambling, drugs, booze, sex, motorcycles, tarot…

I knew a guy who was totally ordinary, unremarkable in everyway. One day he began smoking cigarettes. Then he bought a motorcycle. Then he bought a second motorcycle. Soon he became obsessed with his motorcycle (he lived in an upstairs apartment) and began disassembling engines in his apartment. It destroyed his marriage, as his apartment was a maze of engines in varying stages of repair, grease and oil all over the place…he was obsessed.

If you do nothing but read Tarot…life itself will pass you by.

Knew another guy who was the same way about bicycles…especially lacing his own wheels. Girls would come over and he'd take them downstairs and bore them with long boring discussions about the physics of bicycle wheels, their eyes would turn from lust to boredom, then they'd…sometimes they'd interrupt and ask about his other obsession – Tarot cards…I wonder whatever happened to my truing stand anyway? Hmmm

:smoker:

ravenest

I dont think the Tarot can be dangerous, but Tarot readers can.

I once read for a woman who was uneasy and disturbed. She confided in me that a reading done over 15 years ago freaked her out and she had been worried since and never had another one until now, she was worried about her son and the reader gave her a literal interpretation of the Death card in her sons future! And she has been worrying and on guard ever since. I asked her what happened with her son in the timeframe after the reading ... he got a new job and changed life direction abode and partner and has been happy since. I gave her a different slant on the original reading and I am sure years of worry had been lifted from her.

What sort of idiot tells a mother her son is going to die after consulting Tarot?

Moon mind

s[/QUOT Still, my mum's and their friend's words have a strong impact on myself.They made me afraid of myself :-( Well,maybe this is because of the Gypsies whou used to live in Poland a lot.You know,"The Gypsy witches" who could put a spell on you or steal your children.... :/ I even met one Gypsy "witch" but she just wanted to steal my money while trying to pretend she couls see my future.I hope nobody got the impression that I'm a racist!The fact that I met a Gypsy robber doesn't mean I think that all Gypsies are robbers.I think that Poles are quite superstitious-even though we live in the 21st century :)
Good night now :)[/QUOTE]
I am from eastern Europe as well ...(Czech) i know exactly what you mean by that. you have to understant more the history of Europe and Christianity and what happened to those poore pagan people. why witchraft was "bad" in other terms why it all started ... you see Tarot wisdom is ancient wisdom. And it was used( in ancient world) to Counsel pagan (off the land) people. and that competed with the Church so obviously the people "on top" wanted to wiped off anything that was pagan or natural or earthy..

Cerulean

Interested in the story of the 15-year old relative...

"...She tried hypnosis, fortune-telling via very many means, she did a spiritualistic seance and read Tarot cards, and tried many more things like telepathy or hiromancy..."

It does sound like she was trying to look for answers to relieve her stress and questions--and when one thing didn't work, she turned to something else in hopes it would 'give her answers.' She may have also had an impulse to use it to help others in giving them readings, but it sounds like this wasn't a good match for her.

When I was a teenager, between 14-16-- and while we did have chores, schoolwork and friends, we sometimes had just extra time and our folks suggested if there wasn't interest clubs at school or church, then we needed to do volunteer work to help others. This was before high school, before we were taking a sport or other interest--so two of us volunteered at a hospital during a certain weekend afternoon.

I had a hobby of reading and writing poetry, sketching...did bicycling or running for balance...but our parents wanted us to contribute our energy and time to others. It might be another use of time or creative hobby would have been a better match for your teen-age relative--and that's fine.

It sounds like your family really wants you and young family members to have a well-balanced life--and there's nothing wrong with that.

If you like the visual arts, you can also

-try drawing and painting, which also enhances your visual sensitivities;
-study color and symbolism in art that you like, and that will help your research and creative skills. Sometimes there's art tarots--such as Dragon Tarots or one Unicorn Tarot--that add fun symbolism to art tarots.

I didn't take up tarot until I found that it combined the things I liked about visual art and I also had chosen an art deck related to the historical art form that I liked to research in the library and bookstores.

Another suggestion is to think of different culture, language and art forms are attractive to you and to research them, as a balance. There might be others interested, for instance, in the culture of French ballet or Italian opera or American rock and roll, etc...it may be after you enjoy the research and interests in other things, you might find it refreshing to return to tarot reading.

That's just a start, as you put cards away for awhile. Hope the suggestions are helpful!

Regards,

Cerulean

Deana

Too much staring at anything can make you a bit depressed and crazy. Doesn't matter if it's too much Tarot, too many romance novels, too much Bible study, too much reality TV, too much time on the Internet. Whatever it is, sometimes you have to put it away and go look around at the real world again for awhile.

When I was pregnant for the first time, I read way too many books on pregnancy and I was convinced on a daily basis that something was terribly wrong (nothing was) and that the baby would die (he didn't) and that every thing in the entire world was too dangerous and how would I ever be a mother and how would the baby and I ever survive in this world and the whole thing became terribly overwhelming. Books on pregnancy aren't evil. I just overdid it.