Can Tarot Be Dangerous?a Very Serious Question

Psyndi

Sadly there are people out in the world so desperate for an answer that they grasp at anything. The question is "Is the reading the reason for the success of your life or the cause of your failure?"

The dangerous thing about Tarot is living your life as the cards tell you. That's equivelant to reading the daily horoscope in the paper and doing what it says. Since any divination tool is interpreted by humans, mis-interpretation is possible.

I prefer to live with a combination of divination and common sense! Has kept me alive for a long time.

Death awaits us all. And I believe we may all go through times when we fear it, and times of acceptance. I'm not in a hurry, but I understand that eventually....

Nova

Here's food for thought. Sometimes we are sensitive and can think "in the air" because our ancestors did. And mom and dad usually obtain friends who think like they do. What happens is if they are superstitious - another word for uncomfortable with the invisible, they pass phrases and generalities around only out of warning, cause they themselves got the "willies" or goosebumps about something or other, and they couldn't find the answer to it. You either enjoy the gift or you hate it because you saw someone associate a foreknowledge or feeling with a pain.

Like the person who associated the cards with the divorce and overlooked the fact that he just wanted to know what was happening behind the scenes when the energy was "off", not right, already going down the drain probably.

It's like, if you "feel" like you have to hire a detective with a camera, it's already over buddy.

Back to superstitious warnings. Generally, superstitious people are just sensitives that aren't comfortable with synchronicities because they seem beyond their personal control, which is part of being human, the desire to be in charge of where you are going.

So keep learning the cards.
The occasional draining happens when you have a real learning experience even in college math, We fall asleep reading assigned books too. Just take that nap.

firemaiden

Dangerous for the wallet or the credit card maybe if you catch a collecting addiction, and perhaps a danger of smashing death if your bookcase with all the decks falls over on your head, or if you fall off the chair while doing Umbrae's trick about standing on the chair to see how the light flows in his relationship spread. Be very careful...

Otherwise, I have to tell you that whenever I do readings for other people, good things just start happening in my life...

a_shikhs

Here is an incident that happened with my best friend:

Last year, both of us had gone to a bookshop and we were just browsing when my friend came across a deck of RWS cards. That time i had no idea what tarot was. I had'nt even heard of this word.. ;)
Back to the story, She picked up this deck just for the heck of it. She's the type of a girl who is very lazy and loves losing her stuff and not very responsible. We then totally forgot about it. After a few months, she started facing a lot of bad luck and started having nightmares. She started dreaming of cards such as the Tower and Devil.. She went through a lot of problems mentally and physically. That's the time when i learned tarot. Suddenly once, i asked her if she yet had those cards and she was like she had lost many of them and half of them were thrown somewhere in her house. After a lot of thinking, we both realised that she had to get rid of her left over cards. We then decided to discard the remaining cards in the sea. And now she is very happy and leading a happy life..

I feel that the cards definately had a hand in this. Maybe she faced this problem because she didnt respect her cards and half of them were torn too..

ahimsa666

Respect the unknown :)

a_shikhs said:
I feel that the cards definately had a hand in this. Maybe she faced this problem because she didnt respect her cards and half of them were torn torn too...

Hmmmm....So there is someone who had a similar problem...Yeah, it might have been the cards...I don't know what to make of this.She didn't remember about the cards.She didn't even care to read them.So, she wasn't even thinking about them and what they could do to her, or tell her...Quite scary!

ahimsa666

[I am from eastern Europe as well ...(Czech) i know exactly what you mean by that. you have to understant more the history of Europe and Christianity and what happened to those poore pagan people. why witchraft was "bad" in other terms why it all started ... you see Tarot wisdom is ancient wisdom. And it was used( in ancient world) to Counsel pagan (off the land) people. and that competed with the Church so obviously the people "on top" wanted to wiped off anything that was pagan or natural or earthy..[/QUOTE]

Yes,it's true.Especially those who really knew something.No innovations were wlcomed because they could undermine the Church's position.Modern ppl are afraid of things they associate with the so called "wilderness", with primitive instincts, with things you cannot explain rationally :) BTW, I think the Czech Republic is a very beautiful country and Prague is the best city in the owrld :)

a_shikhs

ahimsa666 said:
Hmmmm....So there is someone who had a similar problem...Yeah, it might have been the cards...I don't know what to make of this.She didn't remember about the cards.She didn't even care to read them.So, she wasn't even thinking about them and what they could do to her, or tell her...Quite scary!

Yeah it was very scary.. I was really spooked since i was learning how to read the cards that time.. :) Maybe this happened because she was so careless with them and thought of them as regular playing cards or something.

Sulis

a_shikhs said:
I feel that the cards definately had a hand in this. Maybe she faced this problem because she didnt respect her cards and half of them were torn torn too..

a_shikhs said:
Maybe this happened because she was so careless with them and thought of them as regular playing cards or something.

It's not the cards - cards are pieces of cardboard with pictures on them.
The only power they have is the power we give them.

If your friend thinks that playing with some cards will affect her negatively then they probably will.

Tarot cards are like a book with 78 pages but they aren't attached together and you can read the pages in any order.

Books aren't evil and niether are tarot cards.

ahimsa666

Thanks for the feedback and support,too :)

serenaserendipity said:
thanks for the feedback
little buddha and ahimsa

i seem to be on a roll, so i'll just keep rolling with it till it feels draining

though today IS very very sunny and i think i must needs go ride my bicycle now!

luv and bells

and bless
serendipity

God (or some Spirit or Angel...:) ) bless you serenaserendipity :)
And thank you all for making this thread alive.I have already learnt so much form you.It's hard for me to remember your nicknamies,so I'm just thanking you all in general :)

Emily

It might also have been easier for your friend to blame the tarot cards for her problems because they might have been the first method she used that actually worked for her.

You say she also tried - hypnotism, seances, telepathy etc - none of these methods would have worked the first time she tried them, and would take alot of practice anyway, but the first time she handled a tarot deck, it would have been giving her readings.

I don't think cards are evil, nor do they attract evil - they are just tools.