Cancer Moon

GoddessArtemis

How come every time moon is in Cancer (such as today), I get in such a horrible, cranky, crabby, irritable, pissy mood?

I didn't even know that's what's going on today...just felt in a bad mood, and then checked out the moon..and lo and behold...moon is in Cancer today.

Any thoughts on this?

GA

firecatpickles

I have been unbelievably sore in my legs and hands. I do not have the flu and I am in very good shape. True, I worked really hard in the yard over the weekend, but this is ridiculous. I am beginning to think now there is a connection with this Cancer Moon thingy.

How often does this happen?

GoddessArtemis

Well, the moon goes through cycles, so it's going to be in Leo tomorrow, then Virgo...and so on...and then comes back around to Cancer eventually. I don't know how often it's in Cancer exactly, but it's often enough that it makes me feel all moody and irritated. I can honestly say I hate this moon, and I'm not the only one.

Meanwhile, I adore fire moon phases, where I usually could give a (bleep) about anything, which is such a rare treat for me. Tomorrow, with the moon in Leo...may be a better day, one hopes...

GA

paradoxx

It was/is a full moon at that, first check your natal chart to see if you have aspects to the moon in Cancer's position that could cause irritiablity (a bad aspect to venus perhaps).

Cancer is ruled by the moon (Cancers are reffered to as moon children and have emotional states that are hard to predict) and has had a hand in describing the zodiac sign of Cancer. Accurate or not, the moons push and pull on our bodies, along with the weather, will take its toll after a while, good meditation exercises include walks along rivers, creeks, lakes, and ponds to help release the emotional blockages we may be feeling.

GoddessArtemis

My Venus is in Taurus and I thought that's an okay aspect to Cancer? Beyond that, I have no Cancer anywhere in my chart. Maybe it's just overwhelming me with its moodiness?

GA

paradoxx

Taurus and Cancer in general do get along, although they seem to go their own directions and have their own distinct way of doing things, so as long as they communicate their agenda it works out. then there is always your own moon sign, its position might reveal a hidden nature to your own biorythems.

scorpio

Hi GA, when the transiting moon is in cancer in your chart it opposes your natal jupiter, exaggerating emotions and squares your natal pluto in libra then squares your natal uranus in libra, that can kinda equal nails on a chalkboard!The moon transiting your 9th house can also make one restless for faraway lands...

GoddessArtemis

My moon sign is in Sagittarius, probably why I love fire moons the best--they bring out my most optimistic side, and transiting Cancer moon dampens the mood.

Jupiter is in Capricorn in my chart, opposing the Cancer moon..and yes, the Libra in Pluto and Uranus...definitely nails on chalkboard!

This is how my day is when there's moon in Cancer: I've had to stop myself from breaking down into a mess of tears three times today (for no real reason, either...just generally OVER-sensitive today). I've also let one of my friends have it, by telling her to BACK OFF when she got too nosey..guess that's the protective Cancerian moon? Needless to say, I'm feeling unpleasant, sensitive, over-emotional, hermity, moody, semi wanting to fight, and partly wanting to hide out and hole up away from everyone and everything. I hate feeling this way, it's so out of control..and I swear, it happens only when moon is in Cancer...

Grrrr.....let the moon transit already!

GA

scorpio

misery luvs company

This moon in cancer is a full moon (endings) and feels pretty intense. I share your scorp ascendant and we had a doozy of an eclipse (most feel this effect six months or longer)in the 11th house (friendships) last year and i swear i've had drama ever since. Ditto on the moon element compatibility, i have an aquarius moon and my fave moon transit is thru gemini and libra in my chart, hate the aqua one tho cause my moon sits with saturn...oh well the leo moon comes tomorrow!!!