Cardstock like Deviant Moon?

feynrir

Hi everyone :)

I love the gorgeous matte laminate from the US Games decks printed in China. It's really the only kind of laminate that I like with rather large or thick cards.

Examples of decks with a similar kind of stock/laminate combo that I know of are:

Deviant Moon (I have the bordered edition)
Paulina
Dreaming Way
Wild Unknown

Besides the above decks, does anyone know of a different deck that feels similar? The tactile connection that I have with a deck matters especially much to me. Thanks in advance. :)

Le Fanu

Pamela Colman Smith Commemorative deck.

feynrir

Pamela Colman Smith Commemorative deck.

Indeed, that's the impression I got of that deck from online reviews :) The set itself looks gorgeous; I greatly admire Pamela Colman-Smith's life and her art style, both.

Melia

The only deck I own, of the ones you have listed feynrir, is the Wild Unknown. I have no other deck with card stock like it, except for an oracle deck but the stock is slightly different.

However, the Victorian Romantic (last edition printed in China) has superb card stock ... for me personally, it's the best card stock I've come across EVER (and therefore, I consider it better than the Wild Unknown card stock). It's just too bad that Baba Studio had rotten service with the manufacturer because of very poor quality control, but the card stock itself is gorgeous - it has a silken, waxy feel and very importantly is also flexible but strong (there's no chance of bendgate happening as can occur with overly thick, cardboard type stock which I've experienced). The VR card stock is stock that would be desirable and favourable for cards that are used a lot. I wish more deck creators used this kind of stock.