cat's eye?

tinkerbell

i came accross this recently. i don't know if it has another name or even if it's a crystal- but i've tried to do a search on it and came up with very little.
i thought it might be the same as tiger's eye but alas, the stone i found was actually LIKE a cat's eye. very shiny and reflective. the photo showed a group of 3 stones. one was blue, one grey-ish and one like a beige colour.
can anyone help?
love tink x

Mayet

Cats Eye is a form of chrysoberyel and different to tigers eye although they are smiliar to an extent. There are different types with different inclusions that cause the cat eye effect including asbestos. It is found in different forms in different areas of the world and is standardly attributed to wealth and from some literature pregnancy and childbirth.

I am sure if you wish to research your particular stones and what inclusions they have in it try google and type 'cats eye crystal information' It should tell you exactly what your blue and red ones mean and what minerals they exactly contain. I think the plain greyish one is caused by some treatment. I have heard that flaws in the stones are bad luck and to avoid them but I find personally its the flaws in my stones that make them so special...a bit like humans really......

bladeraven

the cat's eye that I wear is green is that normal or fake?

The Doc

luck in stones

Inclusions are not bad luck, How the stone(s) are used themself determans the luck(energy) you get. I would say eather the stones was cracked in the cleaning process and is clear of energy, exect for the natural energy. The energy you put in is only of consern. Keep in mind they are like humans and feel like we do so just be carful with who you use the stone, missuse brings "bad luck".

The Doc.

Emeraldgirl

bladeraven said:
the cat's eye that I wear is green is that normal or fake?

Lot's of stones display a cat's eye effect including some green ones.

Cat's Eye is usually a form of Chrysoberyl. It occurs in a cloudy yellow to brownish-green color, with varying hues and excellent luster. The Cat's eye effect is caused by inclusions of fine, slender parallel fibers in the gem that reflect light into a single dynamic sliver of light running along the center of the crystal. (This can also caust a star effect as seen in rubies and sapphires)

Many other gems such as Tourmaline, Scapolite, Corundum, Spinel and Quartz can also have a cat's eye effect, but the term "Cat's Eye" generally refers to the cat's eye form of Chrysoberyl. All others are usually qualified with the gem speices, for example "Quartz Cat's Eye" or "Tourmaline Cat's Eye".

Wearing a Cat's Eye stone is believed to makes one wealthy, healthy, strongly determined, knowledgeable as well as providing protection from enemies. It will also help one gain insight, psychic powers, and can help one have better perception.

Hope this helps :)

Bev

Cat's Eye Opal

I know this thread had gone quiet, but I thought I'd add a little here....

I have a green stone that has the cat's eye effect. It is olive green with some black inclusions. It is a cat's eye opal, which is a fairly rare stone.

Most of the cat's eye stones currently on the market that are inclusion free and have very bright, vibrant colors (and very even coloring) are a man-made fiber optic material. Most inclusion free natural stones with a well defined cat's eye effect, whether chrysoberyl, tourmaline or any of the other stones that can exhibit this phenomenon will be pricey. The fiber optic stones and beads are usually more affordable, but I don't know if there is any magical or mystical associations with them.

I hope this might be of some help.
Bev