Certain Songs for no reason............

jakyle

Anyone ever seem to have a song pop into their head, and you haven't had a reason for it to do so? It's almost as if the lyrics are answering a question, or have some correlation with what is going on in your life at the time? (NO, I don't listen to the voices telling me to.......) I was agonizing over a doctor's visit, and the song,"don't Worry,"by Bob Marley popped into my head. It seemed like it was telling me exactly what was to be of the outcome of the Drs. visit.
Sometimes I'll have to play the cd and listen to the whole song to figure out the meaning. The newest song, that I heard today was,"Cherokee Indian.." Haven't figured that one out yet........

SherryZoned

Interesting...I have never thought of songs popping in my head that way...Like that Pina Colada in the pouring rain song..Very annoying...

jade

that's an interesting way for your guides to get you to hear them.

hmmmm
jade :)

truthsayer

interesting story. if it's my guides sending those irritating song fragments, i want to know why it's janis joplin singing,"lord won't you buy me a mercedes benz? all my friends are driving porches, i must make amends." i don't need a new car. LOL

SherryZoned

Maybe making amends to your friends or past friends?????

truthsayer

thanks redwood. that didn't occur to me. that's possible. i have actually been working on making amends to someone in my life.

purplelady

Sometimes my tarot cards sing to me! :TAS :TCHAR :) .

emily2otters

i have two friends who take this phenomenon _very_ seriously. my friend mary started an art project as an expression of her love for her land and friends and life... right after she was walking in the woods and started singing a song with the line "it's time for the girl to say goodbye". she didn't want to die without at least starting her project. (she isn't dead yet *wink*)

on a related topic, i have several friends who believe that the songs you sing or listen to over and over again become a form of prayer... if you sing a lot of heartbreak songs, be careful you're not asking god for some heartbreak. i have a stock of positive sunshiney songs to sing when i've been dwelling on the grey and drizzly ones overmuch.

truthsayer

emily2otters said:
on a related topic, i have several friends who believe that the songs you sing or listen to over and over again become a form of prayer...

that's really interesting, emily. i've never thought about it. the ones i sing the most are like nature prayers or love songs by john denver. the 2 most frequent are "annie's song" and "take me home country roads". i think i sing "country roads" more when i'm feeling homesick for where i grew up. i also really like this hymn "how great thou art". annie's song--i'm a pisces! it has to be one of the most romantic songs ever written! "hpw great thou art" was my beloved grandmother's fav song plus i like how it connects love of nature w/ god.

what's really funny is that my cat angel just goes wacko when i sing these songs! she starts meowing in a pleading way until i get to her level and she starts licking my face. as soon as i change to any other songs she leaves! she is particular about her music. ;) one person told me she prob thought "how great thou art" was a hymn to her in her kitty mind. LOL she only gets excited if i sing. if my husband sings these songs, she leaves the room.

lately, an old crystal gayle song has been playing in my mind,"it's been a too long time w/ no piece of mind and i'm ready for the times to get better!" sure is true. i've really gotten a lot out of this thread b/c i've never connected what i sing to what's going on in my psyche.

SherryZoned

I sing country roads a lot also...One I am from West virginia..Two I dont feel like I am home in West Virginia or Michigan...I am hoping when I move to North Carolina I will feel like that is my home..