Chaldean Numerology and Tarot

Templar Girl

Hi Chaps
I hope this is in the right section, was not sure if talking tarot would have been better, so Mods, feel free to move this thread.
I was just wondering if any one out there regulary uses Chaldean Numerology or Cherio's methods with the tarot. Do you find the use of such a system enhances your readings or do things become overly complicated.
I have no experience with this method and was interested in researching the subject
Thanx for any illumination
TG

cardlady22

yes, but with PCs

I have just started looking at Tarot (Pythagorean one) but there is an author, Thomas Morrell- Mystic Quadrates, who uses the Chaldean numerology to help with interpreting regular playing cards. It is an off-shoot of the Olney Richmond/Mystic Test Book info. The number is assigned a planet; the suit is an element. This level is more useful as a journalling or meditative exercise before you can be comfortable in a quick reading.

Templar Girl

cardlady22 said:
I have just started looking at Tarot (Pythagorean one) but there is an author, Thomas Morrell- Mystic Quadrates, who uses the Chaldean numerology to help with interpreting regular playing cards. It is an off-shoot of the Olney Richmond/Mystic Test Book info. The number is assigned a planet; the suit is an element. This level is more useful as a journalling or meditative exercise before you can be comfortable in a quick reading.

Hi Cardlady
Thank you so much for responding, I will see what Mystic Quadrates has to say, I have never heard of Olney Richmond, presume similar approach to Cherio. I had not thought about using regular playing cards with Chaldean Numerology, duh.
Kind regards
Laryn

cardlady22

pip patterns, etc

Another interesting thing to use is the patterns and fractions that the pip symbols make. My introduction to that particular concept came from books by Iain McLaren-Owens. (Astro-Cards/Magian Cardology) His numerology system is quite different, but the idea of whether a Six is 2/4 or 4/2 (reversals) makes interesting concepts and associations- no matter which numerology system to which you ascribe.

Let me know if you need any direct links since some of them changed over time.

Templar Girl

Hi CardLady
Thank you for all the wonderful references. I will review them over the next few days or so and will come back to you if I end up in a muddle.
Kind Regards
TG