Channeling Others During a Reading

MandMaud

Why twins, violetdaisy? I haven't come across twins (that I remember) in researching empaths... :)

celticnoodle

Griz, I'm glad you brought that up. I have read that & I so agree with it too. I'm like that myself & even to the point like you, will send a thought out there for someone, like my daughter, to call me. Before long, she will call. She has this ability too. We both laugh about it. When I was a kid in H.S., I would do this for myself & my close friends too, to get a "certain" boy to ask us to the school dances, too. :p however, I always cautioned my friends not to share my odd "ability" just to be sure we didn't have competition there! :laugh:

celticnoodle

Oops, I meant to include info about how to "control" your empathic abilities, so it doesn't rule your life. There are a lot of crystals out there that will help you, mainly any black crystal. But do a Google search for "crystals for empaths". I'm only on my tablet & can't type each little thing one key at a time, also Google how to protect yourself as an empath. Great info out on the web. Good luck!

celticnoodle

Twins have a connection to each other. My dad was an identical twin & he & his brother were like this, even with hundreds or thousands of miles between them. We all use to laugh, because at family functions they would both show up in the same exact outfit, right down to the tie! They were even identical in there old age....spooky! :D

My brother dated an identical twin, too, who had this ability w her other half, & then identical twins I went to school with were also like this.

I don't know exactly what it is about twins, but that connection is definitely there too!

MandMaud

Oh, I see, it was about the thing where you think of someone and then they turn up...

I do that too, sometimes, not all the time. :)

sorchalight

Thank you. I'm trying to hang in there, but honestly I'm not doing well. The cards have been telling me he's coming, that he's the one. I feel he's the one, but it would require him making the biggest change in his life. But in the mean time I have my head and heart at war. My head truly believes he's going to come back (thanks to my pendulum I know this) but my heart is left aching. How do I move on and move on with my life when we put so much trust in the cards. I trust them, never argue against the cards. How do I take solace in the cards when they're telling me what seems an impossible dream. Quite frankly I'm starting to feel pathetic, pining away for this man. I'm over analyzing every tiny detail of every line of conversation looking for signs that the cards are right. How do you let it go and let fate run its course?

And thank you for the advice on empathy and blocking. I'll definitely work on it!!!

seedcake

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to read!

I have a question about ther ability to channel others while doing tarot spreads. I often do spreads just for myself and occasionally (though currently with just about ever reading) I get this serene feeling that though I pulled the cards during a personal reading the cards are really for someone else. This isn't the first time this has happened, an old friend and I once did a reading for each other on the same night with no knowledge that we were each doing tarot. When I was a child and even as an adult I have often been terribly in sync with friends and loved ones to the point where a friend on the opposite side of the country would hurt themselves and suddenly I would start hurting only to talk to them a few days later and find out they had hurt themselves!

Is this common, or am I imagining things. I'm going through a breakup/timeout with the man I've been dating and have been taking solace in the cards, but I often get the sense that the cards aren't really about me but the other players in the situation. Is it possible to channel others like this?

Thanks

Sorchalight

So many amazing posts to read in your thread :) I'm going to share my own experiance about channeling/empathy when reading and everyday life.

When I started to read few times I started to feel many different emotions. When client asked about ex-boyfriend, immediately I started to feel anger, being anxious and frustrated. At first I was like, what the heck? Why I felt so angry? I cleared my mind before the reading (I visualise myself as "blank page"), I was really ready. I started to understand that I picked feelings of the client (and what is interesting, client was online one, I never seen her face-to-face). It made me to work more with emotions. In many readings I start to feel what others feel. My finding helped me in my life too.

Quite often I didn't understand why I feel tired or bad around certain people, even family members. When they were busy, I was feeling bad and as tired as them after all day of work. I got used to it through years. But thanks to the work with Tarot, I understood that the feelings weren't mine! I found out how many times I feel others' moods. With family members like my mother and grandmother is pretty hard and I still want to work it out. Since childhood I was a kind of an empty vessel for their feelings. When my mom is frustrated, I'm the same and we start to quarrel. To be honest, my mom has a lot of things going on in her mind and I pick this up quickly. I have a better connection with my husband, it works both ways. When I was feeling pain in my abdomen (it was the day of my first surgery), and went to alarm the doctor, in the same time, my husband started to choke. He told me later that he thought he'll die, it was that scary and painful. When the attack stopped, twenty minutes later I called for him, to come to the hospital 'cause doctor on duty decided for surgery. This experience was pretty scary one. But we have a lot of little random stories. When I was again in the hospital, we were woking up in the same time and call each other. Not to mention that I could dreams other patients' dreams...

Being an empath can be pretty tiresome but it's the thing worth training and cherish. I keep finger crossed for your shielding. Not long time ago I found out my own! And I'm on the empath track for almost two years now.

Grizabella

I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner.

Any of Dean Radin's books can be found on Amazon. I recommend any of his books. And Dr. Larry Dossey's books are also very good. Dossey's book called Healing Words deals with his experiments with the effects of prayer on illness. I don't mean Christian prayer exclusively. He's found that just prayer of others, no matter what their religious beliefs or even lack of them, makes a big difference in the outcome of serious illness. Healing Words is an older book of his but I notice he's written more books since that one.

celticnoodle

Griz, I don't believe I've ever read any of their books, but I can say I do fully believe that prayer of any kind, regardless of your religious affiliation or lack there of as you state here- can indeed have a tremendous affect on an illness or any troubling issue one is facing. Prayer of any kind is very powerful!

I'm going to look for those books too. Thanks, Griz.

sorchalight

So many amazing posts to read in your thread :) I'm going to share my own experiance about channeling/empathy when reading and everyday life.

When I started to read few times I started to feel many different emotions. When client asked about ex-boyfriend, immediately I started to feel anger, being anxious and frustrated. At first I was like, what the heck? Why I felt so angry? I cleared my mind before the reading (I visualise myself as "blank page"), I was really ready. I started to understand that I picked feelings of the client (and what is interesting, client was online one, I never seen her face-to-face). It made me to work more with emotions. In many readings I start to feel what others feel. My finding helped me in my life too.

Quite often I didn't understand why I feel tired or bad around certain people, even family members. When they were busy, I was feeling bad and as tired as them after all day of work. I got used to it through years. But thanks to the work with Tarot, I understood that the feelings weren't mine! I found out how many times I feel others' moods. With family members like my mother and grandmother is pretty hard and I still want to work it out. Since childhood I was a kind of an empty vessel for their feelings. When my mom is frustrated, I'm the same and we start to quarrel. To be honest, my mom has a lot of things going on in her mind and I pick this up quickly. I have a better connection with my husband, it works both ways. When I was feeling pain in my abdomen (it was the day of my first surgery), and went to alarm the doctor, in the same time, my husband started to choke. He told me later that he thought he'll die, it was that scary and painful. When the attack stopped, twenty minutes later I called for him, to come to the hospital 'cause doctor on duty decided for surgery. This experience was pretty scary one. But we have a lot of little random stories. When I was again in the hospital, we were woking up in the same time and call each other. Not to mention that I could dreams other patients' dreams...

Being an empath can be pretty tiresome but it's the thing worth training and cherish. I keep finger crossed for your shielding. Not long time ago I found out my own! And I'm on the empath track for almost two years now.

Thanks for your post! I need to work on this. I've always known I'm an empath, but I've never explored it much. Thanks for sharing your experience!