Clamp: X Tarot

.dc

alaya,

i never take the buy now option... don'twanna spend $30 on that anyways. so far *knocks on wood* ive been lucky with bids...but we'll see.

good luck on yours...
.dc

Alaya

dc
I didn't bid on that one. I have seen them around in Hong Kong. I believe it is made in China or Taiwan?. I just started to learn tarot 2 months ago, and I have already 21 decks(from Alida, Amazon, B&N and Ebay). I have to stop myself from buying anymore decks, which I find is very difficult - so many temptations on the net. I can easily become obsessed with things so I have to control myself.

isthmus nekoi

cj/dc> If you guys have trouble w/the bids, I can check out the manga place when school starts... If it's cheaper there than $30 US (approx $45 CN), I'll post a msg here -and maybe we can work out a more financially pleasing situation over at ebay :)
(Even if it's all bootlegged would you still be interested?...)

.dc

isthmus,

i'm game... so far i'm still top bidder on my deck and i see that there are a few more clamp x decks on the listing. i do have a Miracle Deck (instructions in japanesse) but with the minor's looking like normal cards (anyone know what the clamp's minors are like?) i'd be willing to trade it for a clamp deck.

i am very picky at my decks...only have about 7 or so. i dunno... guess i'd rather use than display mine.

blessed be,
.dc

anri k.

*sigh* I'm almost positively sure that the minors will be exactly like the Miracle deck's(I have that one too). It's seems like most japanese decks(especially manga-styled ones) make NO effort in minors.

While it's pretty obvious CLAMP has an interest in the occult, I'm not sure how research they've done in tarot. Certainly enough to connect each X character with a major arcana card.

But minors? Mostly likely they crapped out on those. *is sad* >_< But CLAMP just don't seem the type to do that..

I'm hoping that they will put effort in the minors. I'd like a manga-style deck that I can actually USE and not just look at the pretty pictures(as is the case with the miracle deck)..

anri.k.

isthmus nekoi

Well, I haven't had time to see the deck so hopefully the ppl in the store will let me have a look at it (if they still have it!!!). I suspect that CLAMP has no official involvment w/the deck and that the minors won't be anything special. I think CLAMP is too busy to release an official deck :( It would be soooo beautiful.

*sigh* I'd like to use the cards as well... but I think I'd concentrate too much on the characters - how I feel about them/what has happened to them, as opposed to what they represent! For this reason, I find the characters are distracting (strange, but for some reason I don't get this w/the Vertigo deck).

p.s. Just reread my first post in my thread, realizing I sound terribly pretentious! Pls don't think I'm a CLAMP snob!
But are there any manga fans in here?....

MeeWah

I like what I've seen of this deck--I like Japanese anime & Japanese decks.
I have The Miracle Tarot deck, thanks to a tip from a member of the Forums before the old board went down. The deck is in English, the book in Japanese--I wish I could read it!
I am disappointed the minors are not distinguished from regular pip cards but I still like the deck though I haven't tried to read with it yet. I think the minors can be read relying on intuition & imagination or what one knows of minors. Their position in a spread may help determine their meanings. Also, anyone who has read with a regular deck of playing cards may be able to apply the same techniques.

anri k.

Nekoi:
Heheheh.. *raises hand* I am one! ^.^
Though I personally don't like X as much as other manga series, too much angst-angst-end of the world, etc.. ^-^;; My new favorite at the moment is Clover, which is, incidentally, done by CLAMP.

MeeWah:
Hmm. o_O That's weird. I think I was the one who told you where you could get it. I had a different username then. Weeeird.. It feels as if a different person did it.
I remember translating a spread from the Miracle deck book, it took me hours of searching up kanji to understand what position stands for what. o_O Makes me wish I was fluent in japanese.

I'm watching the various X tarot decks I see popping up on Ebay, waiting for when they're nearly over to bid.. [yes, i'm a shameless sniper.. ^-^;;;]
It's weird, all these decks are being aunctioned by the same person. He musta bought a ton of duplicate decks. o_O

anri.k.

MeeWah

Anri K: So it was you--a belated thankyouthankyou, then :)
On the old board, you mentioned not being sure of the translation of the spread but you thought it was close.
BTW: Names have power. A different name confers a different "power" or essence.

Jimilyn

anri.k, thanks for sharing the site with the pictures from this deck. I just spent quite a while looking and reading.

I'm not at all familiar with the shows, characters, etc.; however, I loved the artwork. After reading about each card they have, I can now understand the keen interest that so many people have in them. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit into Japanese anime.

Jimilyn