cleansing; how often?

Le Fanu

I know everyone will answer; depends!

Let me be more specific; I like to carry grounding stones around with me. At work, I usually have my Obsidian palmstone slipped in my breast pocket. Or soemtimes a Hematite tumblestone or Onyx or Hawk's eye... We're talking most days here and it is very much with the idea of grounding, calming and keeping negativity at bay.

So how often?

Last night I charged (or is this cleansed?) under a full moon. Another question; does it have to be a full moon or will any bright moon do?

Wondering how long this is going to last me (is it like charging up a cell phone? :D)...

cardlady22

I'm not sure, but I recall people using different Moon phases along with the astrological sign in which it occurs to boost the Intent of the charge. I'm guessing that doing it in each Earth sign would be a good place to start.

http://www.astro.com/ says the Moon is in Scorpio today.

http://www.horoscopeswithin.com/moons.php Future planning??

cardlady22

Another thought/question for those who do this sort of thing regularly:

Since, the Moon changes sign every few days, I'm assuming that any day during the waxing phase would boost properties that make your own self feel more grounded (like from the inside)
&
that any day during the waning phase would boost properties that dispel it/drive it away when negativity is coming from others

In other words, it wouldn't have to be a Full or New as long as the sign for that day was conducive to the Intent?

Ethereal_Phoenix

The ones your carry with you often, or every day, are the ones that need to be charged more often.
It's like a battery: It needs an initial Cleanse and Charge but then If you don't use it, The energy won't be drawn out of them. Batteries you use often or ones that require more Energy get drained Quickly.
A good example of this is thinking about it with DIFFERENT batteries: A Cell Phone battery dies quickly because it draws alot of energy, A Remote Control can last for months because it draws nearly no energy.
(Hoping to keep this more Informative than confusing)
All stones need a beginning Cleanse and Charge but then how often they're used is how often you cleanse them.
If you use Hematite and are frequently needing to use it's energy to be grounded, Charge it often. If you carry Tiger's Eye for Courage but you use it maybe once a week, I wouldn't worry about charging it.
This is because your House/Altar has good vibes coming from it that (Slowly) recharge your stones. So if you place them back with the other crystals they will hold a Charge longer.
This can all be By-Passed however, I tell everyone that you MUST keep Citrine with you!
If you Constantly have Citrine that has been charged in the Full Moon with The Stones you Carry and the ones at home, you only have to Charge the Citrine and HEAVILY used ones on the Full Moon. The others you can just leave sitting there because Citrine is Constantly Cleansing and Charging them. :D
I would also HIGHLY advise keeping Citrine with your Scrying/Divination Crystals and ALSO cleanse them in the Full Moon each month. :)
I hope this wasn't confusing....I always have this wonderful speech but it gets ruined and jumbled up when I begin to type it. If I need to be more clear on anything, Just ask! :D

Ethereal_Phoenix

cardlady22 said:
Another thought/question for those who do this sort of thing regularly:

Since, the Moon changes sign every few days, I'm assuming that any day during the waxing phase would boost properties that make your own self feel more grounded (like from the inside)
&
that any day during the waning phase would boost properties that dispel it/drive it away when negativity is coming from others

In other words, it wouldn't have to be a Full or New as long as the sign for that day was conducive to the Intent?

That's completely true and very useful information. :D
However, people use the Full Moon because it is the strongest of all the phases and it gives off a very powerful charge that holds longer. The Full Moon also cleanses stones, So it's (In My Opinion) The best time to Charge them. Although other phases work wonderfully also, as long as you use the right ones!
In my opinion you shouldn't worry about the Sign that The Moon is in, but it can be a wonderful boost! :D

Le Fanu

Wow! who'd have thought that charging could be so elaborate? Thanks everyone for your replies...

cardlady22

And yet, there are times that I've just felt a need to go hold one of my stones for a brief moment. Especially when giving them to someone. They change how they feel quite quickly on those occasions. Maybe it isn't charging/cleansing, or an elaborate ritual, but it works.

ncharge

I do it differently. I cleanse stones during the the full moon if the stone likes that method of cleansing. Some stones prefer water, some smoke, some other crystals such as citrine or selenite. But, once a month on average. Like others said, some heavily used crystals need to be cleansed more often, others that just sit around looking beautiful need cleansed less often.

I program crystals for a specific function only once. I charge only those crystals that I have programmed and I charge them by passing them some intent (the programmed intent) and energy each time I use it.

greatdane

I usually use full moonlight

I generally only use quartz crystal and I put that in full moonlight til sunrise when I can. Just feels most potent for me. Obviously ncharge and others have much more knowledge re various stones and what they feel is best for those particular ones.

morticia monroe

I don't cleanse my stones at all. I liken it to re-ordering a deck. It's like taking a human and erasing their memory. I find that, like people, the more my stones experience, the stronger they become.

I do at times set them in the moonlight. Not for the purpose of cleansing, but simply to let them bask in awe (as I do)under Our Lady Moon.