Compare Frouds Faeries and Heart of Faerie.

MagsStardustBlack

I have loved Brian Frouds work since i'v been a child. I have his books and his Faerie's Oracle. I don't however have The Heart of Faerie. Is there anyone who has both decks who can give me their honest opinion on The Heart of Faerie and what they think about the art work and images compared to Frouds Oracle. I had heard that The Heart of Faerie was not as impressive and that some of the images were repeated from Frouds Oracle - is this true? Also does anyone wo has both decks use them together? I am asking as i am considering buying the The Heart of Faerie.

Thanks

Mags.

Kahlie

I have both Decks but Frouds Faeries were first and are first in my heart still.
Heart of Faerie offers a different perspective that you either love or you don't.
I did not see any repeating images but it's been a while since I played with the HoF. Years even. When I just received them, I did some Readings with them, but I find the whimsical and more energy based drawings of Frouds Faeries more to my liking.

Kahlie

Alta

I have both decks and have used both decks quite a bit. HoF has never drawn me in the way the FO does. Even just going through the FO deck stirs my thoughts and feelings, while I have to work at pulling ideas out when I use the HoF.

kmartin60

I have both as well and maybe its because I had HOF first I think the artwork is better in it than FO. But then again Im just now getting to know FO...so....shrugs...my perception might be a wee bit tainted! LOL

MagsStardustBlack

I have both Decks but Frouds Faeries were first and are first in my heart still.
Heart of Faerie offers a different perspective that you either love or you don't.
I did not see any repeating images but it's been a while since I played with the HoF. Years even. When I just received them, I did some Readings with them, but I find the whimsical and more energy based drawings of Frouds Faeries more to my liking.

Kahlie

Thank you Kahlie for taking the time to share :.)

Yes i love my FO too and i supose i was worried that HoF wouldn't live up to that.

Magsx

MagsStardustBlack

Thanks Alta,
Thanks Kmartin06,

I'm not sure whether or not to get it so i think i will leave it for now. I just can't resist his art work but i also want something i can use. I may look into it again in future. Thank you so much for your thoughts!

((hugs))

DragonFae

I have both decks. I love the Faeries Oracle and find it easy to read although the faeries can be tricky giving mixed messages.. seems to delve right into the situation. I like the Heart of Faery and actually at times find it easier to read, but think it lacks the depth of the readings that the original deck gives.

Kahlie

Thank you Kahlie for taking the time to share :.)

Yes i love my FO too and i supose i was worried that HoF wouldn't live up to that.

Magsx

You are welcome. I'm considering selling the HoF as I haven't used them for quite some time. However, they are hard to let go off. Maybe in a little while you feel compelled to check them out again.

Carla

I have only just bought both decks. I've been playing around with Faeries' Oracle for two or three days, have read the book, except for the card meanings (which I want to avoid while I'm getting to know the cards). I've looked through the HoF deck. On first impression, the HoF is earthier and more structured than FO. I asked on another thread before I had them both if anyone had ever shuffled them together, but now that I have them both, I don't think the decks want to work together. If that makes sense. Each seems to be its own thing.

Absynthe

I have both. I like HOF and overall its a good deck, but there are two cards in there which are WTH moments for me, Pan and Hero. They are both so out of step with the rest of the deck I'm actually removing them altogether. The artwork seems off, the card meaning even more so. I get the feeling some meddler (Wendy) insisted on having those two jammed into the deck because they personally like them, but they just do not belong. They are both completely non froud-faerie concepts and I can find no connection with those cards at all. The rest of the deck is awesome and I get a lot of accuracy with them.

I do find though that the original faerie oracle had a vibe that was hard to beat and although it was more random in its structure it worked better. It was more froudian because someone wasn't trying to overlay new agey feminist rubbish over the top of it. It just was what it was, a faerie deck with its own purpose and ideas about the universe. To make HOF work the same way you really have to throw away a lot of the book and just connect to the cards yourself to find their meaning on your own. If you want a completely intuitive deck then HOF can work that way well.