Complaints

Bluebonnet

I have a silly question. I guess it would be more directed towards the professional readers. Do you ever get clients/customers that come back stating the reading was completely inaccurate? And how do you handle that?

Spinner

Avoidance

Briefly, I have a handout which I always use which "lays down the rules". I discuss this in detail with each new client. I think this helps avoid a lot of what might be misunderstood. I also remind myself not to rush anyone out the door before they have digested what was said. (This is hard for me but I know it is worthwhile).

aranarose

Like Spinner, I lay out the "rules" from the get-go, reminding people that accuracy will depend on A) How open they are to the reading, B) How honest they are being with me AND with themselves, and C) The time-frame of the reading.

Sometimes, what seems inaccurate now turns out to be quite accurate a few months down the road.

Also, a person who is completely in denial about their life situations will often not be happy when confronted with the truth and will claim readings are inaccurate. I had a friend who was like that; always convinced that things were one way when they were really something completely different. I used to lay out a few cards for her now and then, but after the third "soul mate" reading that she wanted with yet another useless idiot, I put a stop to that.

Le Fanu

It's true, sometimes a person will be in denial and not want to hear what is said.

However, there will be times, many times, when the cards are simply not right (no rotten tomatoes thank you very much) and no end of saying "well actually, it will, it will" is going to improve things. Or 6 months later that they were right and the reader got it wrong and the cards were saying this all along. One risks looking inept.

Someone could ask about a particular job interview and the reading could well say that the job interview seemed promising and yet the person got a very definite "NO" and is now unemployed. You can't really argue with that. Or, with hindsight discovering it actually referred to a job interview 5 years later. They ask about a job and get the Universe not reversed, so you say "Yes!" And they don't get it. And blame you.

I'm never very comfortable with this line of argument that "well actually it will come true, just wait..."

I think Spinner's idea of a pamphlet is an excellent idea, lays things down. I always disclose to my sitters a healthy little bit of scepticism. I say "who know if it works, let's just see what they say..." I read what the cards say and that's that. I never make any promises but I think if people are paying they do expect some kind of guarantee which can be a bit tough.

Debra

"Entertainment purposes only."

KMilliron

I usually start out by saying, nobody can every predict anything for absolute certain, and niether can cards. You have to remember that everything is only a prediction based on current habits, trends, actions, or what have you. There is always room for you to avoid what you don't like in your reading, and room to work towards what you liked hearing.

With that in mind let's do it up.

Or something along the lines. I actually had a reading that I felt was wrong, and the sitter felt it was wrong too. One year later she sees me walking down the street and gives me the "I'm watching you signal" and I mouth "I know right?" because I had heard about some issues in her family which really mirrored what I had read previously.

Rev_Vesta

Hi with reading professionally everyday I always now say, "Have you had a reading before? because my readings very much concentrate on your past, your present and what may happen down the track... knowing that the future is not set in stone and anything can change with decisions you make from when you leave here..." "If you make the neccessary changes you need, you may find things are awhole lot better than expected......"

Hopefully that helps but you can not always guarentee the client will do what is neccessary.....

I have found one way around when they come back. and complain......is to offer a quick Free 10 -15 min reading in finding out the changes they have or have not made and where to from here......alot of time it suddenly all makes sense to them..........and they look at things from a new perspective....(just an idea that may help)...

Hope that helps......

Vesta

aranarose

Le Fanu said:
It's true, sometimes a person will be in denial and not want to hear what is said.

However, there will be times, many times, when the cards are simply not right (no rotten tomatoes thank you very much) and no end of saying "well actually, it will, it will" is going to improve things. Or 6 months later that they were right and the reader got it wrong and the cards were saying this all along. One risks looking inept.

Someone could ask about a particular job interview and the reading could well say that the job interview seemed promising and yet the person got a very definite "NO" and is now unemployed. You can't really argue with that. Or, with hindsight discovering it actually referred to a job interview 5 years later. They ask about a job and get the Universe not reversed, so you say "Yes!" And they don't get it. And blame you.

I'm never very comfortable with this line of argument that "well actually it will come true, just wait..."

I think Spinner's idea of a pamphlet is an excellent idea, lays things down. I always disclose to my sitters a healthy little bit of scepticism. I say "who know if it works, let's just see what they say..." I read what the cards say and that's that. I never make any promises but I think if people are paying they do expect some kind of guarantee which can be a bit tough.

I've found at times that the cards are right, but I'm wrong in how I'm interpreting them. :)

nisaba

Bluebonnet said:
I have a silly question. I guess it would be more directed towards the professional readers. Do you ever get clients/customers that come back stating the reading was completely inaccurate? And how do you handle that?
No, not afterwards.

But probably once or twice a year I'll get a client who obviously doesn't want to be there (you wonder why they are, then!), sit with their arms folded and a sceptical look on their faces, and say no to every word you say. I can live without them - their attitude is their problem, not mine, It doesn't darken my day.

One that sticks in my mind is a woman whose home environment cards looked really ominous. I discussed tehm in terms of the influence her "husband" had on her environment. That was her basis for telling me the whole reading was wrong - she was not married. At the end of teh reading, she finally said she had a long-term live-in partner of the male variety, and everything I'd said about the "husband" actually related to him, which is why I was so wrong ... der! I would have thought that that's why I was right! <shakes head>

aranarose

nisaba said:
No, not afterwards.

But probably once or twice a year I'll get a client who obviously doesn't want to be there (you wonder why they are, then!), sit with their arms folded and a sceptical look on their faces, and say no to every word you say. I can live without them - their attitude is their problem, not mine, It doesn't darken my day.

One that sticks in my mind is a woman whose home environment cards looked really ominous. I discussed tehm in terms of the influence her "husband" had on her environment. That was her basis for telling me the whole reading was wrong - she was not married. At the end of teh reading, she finally said she had a long-term live-in partner of the male variety, and everything I'd said about the "husband" actually related to him, which is why I was so wrong ... der! I would have thought that that's why I was right! <shakes head>

[sarcasm]Just love clients like that one...[/sarcasm]

I've had some of those, and they are less than pleasant!