Confusing detail on Camoin style

Jasmeen

I am trying to gather some information about Camoin style of reading. I have found some nice threads here but I can't understand one thing:

Camoin on his site says that "solution card" is always right side up (because solution can't be bad). http://en.camoin.com/tarot/Law-Solution-Card.html

But here we can see the same what is often done in sample spreads on forum here:
http://en.camoin.com/tarot/IMG/jpg/Amour_14_W250.jpg

Why or for what are used cards in 3rd row?

When using reversal possibility in solution card case, it is possible that one gets for exaplme 5 different rows (bec he has many reversed "solution cards").

Jasmeen

The closest thing I have found is:

http://www.tarotforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=27403

But Lee's notice:
I'm omitting (at least for now) XIII, Le Monde, and La Roue, so I can keep it simple for myself.

I can't find any later explanation.

Maybe it is so - If any card placed due to gazing from solution card is reversed, than it is possible (and needed) to correct it with another solution card in next row. Am I right?

Bernice

I personally don't use the Camoin method, but I believe that a 'solution card' is always placed upright - it is never placed upsidedown.

However if the Gaze of card is upwards (card character is looking up) then a card is placed above it. THEN, depending where that card 'gazes', another card is put in that postion - either left or right or above etc.

A three-tiered layout is here in this post - see the picture link at the bottom of the post:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=1409077&postcount=4

Bee :)

Lee

Hi folks,

It's been a while since I've experimented with this method, but I think the answer is that, for example, if you place a solution card in the second row, above a reversed card, that card will always be upright, because solution cards are always upright. However, if that solution card has a gaze left or right, then a card must be drawn as the focus of that gaze, and that card may be upright or reversed, however it comes off the deck. And if that gaze card comes out reversed, then you must place a solution card above it. And that's how you get cards in the third row.

The confusion over my scan of Aoife's reading is because Aoife discussed her spread at the point in time after she had uprighted the reversed cards, and so that's how I scanned the cards. In her original spread, Death was reversed, and that's why she needed a solution card (the Wheel) placed above it. Sorry for the confusion!

Bernice

Lee: ...if you place a solution card in the second row, above a reversed card, that card will always be upright, because solution cards are always upright. However, if that solution card has a gaze left or right, then a card must be drawn as the focus of that gaze, and that card may be upright or reversed, however it comes off the deck. And if that gaze card comes out reversed, then you must place a solution card above it. And that's how you get cards in the third row.
YES, that's it. Nicely said, clear and simple. There you go Jasmeen :)

I think that it might be better to stick with one persons approach until you're used to it, then branch out to other peoples descriptions of this method. The reason I say this, is because I found some of the terminology a bit confusing initially. (Gazes, Regards, Solutions, and then the Rules/Laws..... :bugeyed:).

Jasmeen

Hmm, but what about spreads when I have more and more reversed "gazed" cards? Today I had such case when I needed 5 rows and it was not end...? Isn't it non-sense?

:eek:)

Bernice

Another reason I don't use this method is because I don't use reversals. But if I did, I think I'd shuffle the cards in such a way that I'd only have a fair sprinkling of them.... start out with all cards upright.

Sounds a bit like cheating - but that's what I'd do.

Hello out there..... what do you other Camoin people do about spreads with tons of reversals?

yaraluna

Bernice said:
Hello out there..... what do you other Camoin people do about spreads with tons of reversals?

I just keep putting solution cards out there. I haven't run out of majors cards yet though! LOL!
I think if I run out of majors cards then i would have to use the pips for solution cards .

mhhhmmm... now that I read my own post, would that be the rule for the Camoin method? if yo run our of majors cards then use the pips as solutions?

yara