Connections vs Tuttle?? (for Steampunk Tarot by John Matthews and Caitlin Matthews)

kimtsan

I recently purchased this deck and I've been having technical difficulties with it (the cards are impossible to shuffle because they're bent, and I got a paper cut from the stupid deck...). I absolutely LOVE this deck and the art and I really connected with it, but I can't experience it fully because of the paper quality. :( Garh.

The edition I got was the Tuttle edition...I returned it because I couldn't take the quality anymore, as much as I loved the deck. I'm thinking of buying one from Connections, which has better paper quality?? But I just want to make sure that the quality is indeed better...does anyone have experiences with Connections publishing? Or if you own the Connections edition of the Steampunk Deck I'm looking for--how's the quality? (Is the paper/card bent? How easy is it for you to shuffle? Etc)

Thanks in advance!!

rwcarter

I think there is only one printing of the deck. Connections distributes it in Europe while Tuttle distributes it in North America?

kimtsan

I think there is only one printing of the deck. Connections distributes it in Europe while Tuttle distributes it in North America?

Hmm you sure? The only visible difference I know is that Tuttle's edition has a red "Tuttle" logo on the box, while Connections' doesn't.

rwcarter

Hmm you sure? The only visible difference I know is that Tuttle's edition has a red "Tuttle" logo on the box, while Connections' doesn't.

I don't have the Connections edition, so I can't be 100% sure. But the inside cover of the companion book of the Tuttle edition clearly states that Tuttle is the North American distributor of the deck. Asia Pacific is also listed, but Europe isn't. And I know that Connections is a European distributor.

I have two editions of the WildWood Tarot, one from Sterling/Ethos (US) and one from Connections (Europe). There are differences in the outer boxes and ISBNs. The contents inside the boxes are the same except for publishing info in the books.

Rodney

kimtsan

I don't have the Connections edition, so I can't be 100% sure. But the inside cover of the companion book of the Tuttle edition clearly states that Tuttle is the North American distributor of the deck. Asia Pacific is also listed, but Europe isn't. And I know that Connections is a European distributor.

I have two editions of the WildWood Tarot, one from Sterling/Ethos (US) and one from Connections (Europe). There are differences in the outer boxes and ISBNs. The contents inside the boxes are the same except for publishing info in the books.

Rodney

I see I see. Thanks for the input! I just want to be super sure before I make a purchase...since I'll have to order it from UK.