Connolly - meaning of green pyramid thing in Page Wand's hand?

Lula Jing

I just did a reading with this lovely deck and got the Page of Wands in the position of what the other person 'wants to do'.

This is a relatively new deck to me and I don't think I ever noticed the green pyramid shaped object in the page's hand before.

I did a search here but couldn't find any reference to it...

I guess the primary meaning is a message or news of some kind, but what of the green thing? It seems to be offered with outstretched hand and is a possible reference the pyramid in the background, just behind the oasis.

Any ideas?

Thirteen

Shy Priestess said:
I just did a reading with this lovely deck and got the Page of Wands in the position of what the other person 'wants to do'. This is a relatively new deck to me and I don't think I ever noticed the green pyramid shaped object in the page's hand before....I guess the primary meaning is a message or news of some kind, but what of the green thing? It seems to be offered with outstretched hand and is a possible reference the pyramid in the background, just behind the oasis.
The Connolly deck is a lovely deck--like stained glass, though with a decidedly G-rated Christian bent (i.e. no Devil card and, as I recall, no Death card either). Probably one of the most gentle and peaceful decks a tarot reader could have. She also has three tarot books out. I don't know for sure if she explains the little green pyramid in the page's hand in one of those books, but it's likely...if you want to get info from the horse's mouth.

The Page of Wands is often a card about travel and exploration, and clearly that's how Connolly decided to picture him, as a traveler exploring foreign lands and foreign ways and such for the first time. It's clear that he's not from Egypt, but is exploring it, as a page for some Crusader might, all wondering and amazed by this strange new land.

The Page of Wands is also, in this instance, the curious kid who sees a full scale pyramid, then gets the miniature size so that he can examine it and see how it's put together. He seems to me to be holding it out for examination rather than offering it--but it could be a souvenir he's going to bring back from his travels ;)

I would say that the answer to your question is two-fold--the person wants to figure you out, and the person probably wants to do this by going exploring with you--maybe on a short trip. Hiking perhaps. They may also want to show you things that are of interest to them. Like a kid who shows off something neat and unique that they've discovered or brought back from their travels. If there is a message, it's probably about traveling together or talking about travels.

frelkins

The Continuum Encyclopedia of Symbols by Udo Becker (p. 67) notes that the cone is a symbol of "moving away from distraction in the diversity of matter to spiritual concentration" and as a "paradigm of spiritual development." It's on google books if you want to search it. Very useful for tarot.

Lula Jing

Thirteen said:
The Page of Wands is often a card about travel and exploration, and clearly that's how Connolly decided to picture him, as a traveler exploring foreign lands and foreign ways and such for the first time. It's clear that he's not from Egypt, but is exploring it, as a page for some Crusader might, all wondering and amazed by this strange new land.
I can see how this might come into conversations... I was considering travelling to a foreign land (for work) but it's no longer happening.

He seems to me to be holding it out for examination rather than offering it
Yes, I can see what you mean now...

I would say that the answer to your question is two-fold--the person wants to figure you out, and the person probably wants to do this by going exploring with you--maybe on a short trip. Hiking perhaps. They may also want to show you things that are of interest to them. Like a kid who shows off something neat and unique that they've discovered or brought back from their travels. If there is a message, it's probably about traveling together or talking about travels.
Such a great interpretation, thank you Thirteen... that does make a lot of sense actually! :) Figure me out... hm, challenge! :D I do love hiking/travelling or just talking about travels... this card actually repeated in the second spread I did shortly afterwards, so I guess I need to take notice of this page.

I like this deck, with the exception of 5 of Swords which to me is just YUK (creepsville). :eek:

Lula Jing

frelkins said:
The Continuum Encyclopedia of Symbols by Udo Becker (p. 67) notes that the cone is a symbol of "moving away from distraction in the diversity of matter to spiritual concentration" and as a "paradigm of spiritual development." It's on google books if you want to search it. Very useful for tarot.
Thank you frelkins... >>>> rushes off to bookmark it >>>

Aladdin

Cones -

Am wondering if this could be redolent of crystal energies for tapping into far greater energies and wisdom which the 'ordinary' seeker or tourist might not plug into, especially relating to the pyramids ?

Lula Jing

Aladdin said:
Am wondering if this could be redolent of crystal energies for tapping into far greater energies and wisdom which the 'ordinary' seeker or tourist might not plug into, especially relating to the pyramids ?
What a fantastic idea... I did think about crystal energy related to it, in fact - it looks like a huge green pryamid shaped crystal! :D

And now I AM making this trip overseas.... ;) and the page appeared yet again recently in another throw about work to confirm this.