Contacting someone who committed suicide

EmpressArwen

My heart is heavy. My friend passed away late last night. She committed suicide.

I had no idea things were that bad for her. So much for my "abilities".

I've never tried to contact someone who committed suicide. So far, I've gotten nothing. Is it too soon?

I felt her leave..it's hard to describe but it was like a space in this world was all of the sudden empty.

Should I keep trying or just let her come to me?

Zephyros

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. Even though I've known several people who have taken their own lives every situation is different, so I can only imagine what you must be going through.

It sounds like she wanted to get away, and may not be "answering calls" right now because she may feel that you yourself need it too much, thus making further demands on her. I would suggest giving yourself time to heal, say goodbye and trying again when you've come to accept the loss.

Apollonia

My heart is heavy. My friend passed away late last night. She committed suicide.

I've never tried to contact someone who committed suicide. So far, I've gotten nothing. Is it too soon?

I felt her leave..it's hard to describe but it was like a space in this world was all of the sudden empty.

I am so sorry for your loss.

In my work as a psychopomp, I have found that there are a couple of reasons that people who commit suicide may not be available to connect with right away. Sometimes they do not cross over, which may be due to mental confusion or because they feel that they will be punished when they cross because of what they did. If they passed in a state of mental imbalance, there will often be a period of days or even weeks when they are being gently counseled and cared for, and during that time, they are not available.

I would say to wait a few days and then see if it feels as though you can connect. If not, check to see whether she has crossed over or, needs assistance to do so. If that is the case, feel free to PM me and I will be happy to assist.

RiverRunsDeep

Oh, no, EmpressArwen, I am so sorry for your loss.

I do believe it is too early to contact your friend. My son's best friend committed suicide a few years ago. I wanted to make contact with him, as he was like my second son, but it was impossible at first. It took a week or two before myself, my son, and his friends started to hear him and see him coming around.

I wonder if there is a brief period of time in which souls go through some sort of "adjustment" phase, because this happened with my sister as well, who was not a suicide. She died of cancer, yet I wasn't able to make contact with her right away. A week or two passed before I felt she was "there".

So, I agree with Zephyros, give yourself a few weeks to begin healing and processing what has happened before you try to contact your friend again. Sending intentions for peace and healing your way.

tarotlova

I too am so sorry for your loss, please don't blame your lack of abilities, when people are at that stage they get very good at hiding it and going through the emotions of living and fooling everyone. I agree with everyone else that it is to soon perhaps after a couple of months much love to you ❤️

Thoughtful

So sorry to hear of your friend, it must have been a huge shock for you. Give her time, as your friend needs to heal and adjust to her new life. You also need to get over the shock and heal as well.
When my lovely mother died of a stroke it was a stressful and heart breaking time for me. There was no contact from her for 6 months and l believe that if she had contacted me earlier it would have prolonged my healing process. She was a wise lady.

Falcor

I am so sorry to hear that.
Please don't blame yourself.

LoveLight&Peace

EmpressArwen, my heart goes out to you. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. May your friend rest in peace.

I agree with the others, wait a while. Give yourself some time (her too). *BIG HUG*

Sending love, light and peace to you.

DDwarks

I agree with everyone too.
I'm very sorry for your loss I have lost a friend through suicide too. I have felt what you feel.
Give yourself the time to heal from this and your friend time to adjust.
And like Falcor has said, do not blame yourself!
Sending you lots of love :heart:

EmpressArwen

Thank you so much everyone. It is too soon...and it would probably not do either of us any good right now. I have these moments of just pure anger come over me. I would probably yell at her...which would be terrible. I've read her notes over and over...it makes no sense.

Thank you again, all.