Crow&#39s Magick...?

Rachael

After starting learning tarot some months ago with the near-obligatory R/W deck (it was really good as a total beginner helping to understand the cards, but it never really 'clicked' with me), it was time for me to go out and find 'my' deck...! Unfortunately a lot of the nice decks don't seem to be available in the UK :( But I did at last find one I really liked the look of, Crow's Magick Tarot. (Okay it's kinda dark and gothic looking, but I've always been drawn to that type of thing)

Weeks later, though I still like the look of deck, I feel I haven't gelled with it at all! :( The minor arcana in particular I just find really overpowering and confusing - the whole suit of cups just feels wrong somehow! The keywords on the cards I don't like, they seem to be trying to confine each card to a particular meaning. And while I'm fairly well grounded in basic astrology, the sybmbols in the corner just add to the confusion even more... ???

I think for a beginner certainly, which I still really am, it was far too ambitious a choice! But I'd be interested to know what other people who have the deck feel about it. Does it work for you? - is it a deck that needs the expert handling of a tarot veteran rather than an apprentice? ;)

Rachael