Crystal Ball

luna

I found a light Amethyst orb that has absolutly flawless. My question is, Does the ball HAVE to be clear crystal quartz ?

Dee 04

Hi Luna:
No it does not. Some people prefer it that way but I think that is a very personal choice and there are no rules. You can most defintely use an amethyst ball for divination/scrying.
I have an amethyst ball and I find it very healing and helpful and INSIGHTFUL!!!

Good Luck.

jade

wow, it sounds beautiful. how big is it?

and i agree with dee on this, by the way!

:)

jade

luna

Thanks for the info. I'll have to play with it. I found it at the local fair last year.(fitting place huh?) It's about the size
of a raquet ball. PERFECTLY CLEAR, that alone amazes me.

jade

it sounds absolutely beautiful. :)

keep us posted on your adventures with it.

jade

deso

No, it doesn't. I have a smokey quartz crystal. The inclusions are out of this world (literally, tee hee)! If it called to you - you're meant to work with it! Best of luck!

tarotbear

I have an obsidian 'crystal' ball, and one crystal one with many inclusions and 'defects'. i don't scry with them; rather I sit with them in hand and meditate. ( Supposedly, Ho Tei (sp?) is holding a white or clear ball in one hand and a dark one in the other)

jade

that's interesting Tarotbear, what do you get from holding them during mediation?

jade

deso

Has anyone been practicing the more traditional form of scrying??? If so, what experiences have you had with it??? As I mentioned before, I have a smokey quartz crystal ball but have only "acquainted" myself to it and its energies.

jade

i scry with my little eye LOL.....sorry i couldn't resist.

i have scryed with a crystal ball before.

i stared into it, with the lights dim and a candle placed just so. i looked into it and let myself 'fall' into the void. i understand that sentence the second it happened.

i say a movie inside of it. people walking around and i just described what i say. it was so beautiful.

blessed be.
jade

ps i love to scry in a glass of water. i give it to the person that i'm reading for and have them take a sip out of it. then i scry the water.