Crystal Balls-Another Question

MoreMagic

When looking for a crystal ball:

Does anyone know/have an opinion on whether natural quartz crystal is THAT much better than the artificially created quartz crystals made from powdered quartz? Is it better (for scrying) to have a natural quartz with occlusions than a clear powdered quartz construct? I've been looking around on the internet and natural quartz is SO expensive, even if occluded. Final question-should one buy a sphere over the internet or should one make the effort to see and handle a number of them before choosing one. Thanks!

TemperanceAngel

MoreMagic said:
Final question-should one buy a sphere over the internet or should one make the effort to see and handle a number of them before choosing one. Thanks!

I personally, would need to hold mine before buying, to know it is supposed to be for me. :)
XTAX

cricket

It all depends on the person using the ball, but for me personally the natural quartz is so much better than the manufactured it's not even funny. It also helps if I handle the piece before buying. That way you can tell if you'll be able to work with it or not. JMO. :)

zorya

i also prefer a natural quartz crystal ball. if the cost is a factor, consider a small one. even tiny ones work well.

often the best deals may be gotten from rock and mineral shows, from 'rock hounds (collectors), or privately owned rock shops rather than at new-age shops.

i believe you can scry with anything, so even an artificially created ball will work. but... i find that the closer i get to the source, the easier it is to connect.

MoreMagic

Thanks to all. Any ideas for good brick and mortar locations in New York City or Boston?