crystal wands..

a_shikhs

hey has anyone made a crystal wand??? does it really help... could someone plz help me by telling me how do u make a nice one???

Webwitch

I don't use crystal wands.

I make my own wands, as and when needed for various workings; choosing the appropriate wood for the purpose.

Sorry I can't be of further help.

May I ask why you want a crystal wand in particular? For what use?

Cheers,
Webwitch :)

a_shikhs

hie webwitch...
umm...theres no particular reason y i want a wand.. just the idea fascinates me. by crystal wand, i meant a wooden wand wid a crystal on top.. wat r these wands actually used for??

Virgowitch

magic staff?

I have never made a wand or used one. So im not realy familiar with what you guys are talkin about!
I have read a book by Ted Andrews called enchantment of the faery realm, and it says in the book(the chapter on tree spirits)that as you familiarise yourself with certain spirits, they will teach you how to make a staff to pass to the faeryrealm and back again.
What is he talking about?
How would you use the staff in such a manner?
Any information would be GREAT!

September Pixie

Virgowitch, I know my experience with the Fey even though they are here often, they are attracted to shiny objects.. they never 'steal' them.. they 'borrow' things... they have borrowed my bells (which according to that book, is supposed to scare bad faeries (I believe it was this book)), cds, keys, wands, forks, etc.. I cannot figure out for the life of me what a Fairy would need with my forks but none the less they borrow them.. when they return them, they are NEVER in the same place..

A wand vs staff in this case would work the same.. but you'd have to practice a while before that kind of connection is established. Virgowitch, if your really interested in Fae.. PM me :) I will share some of my suggestions.

a_shikhs

hey september pixie,
how do u establish a connection with fairies??? i wld love to know dat.. plz plz plz... hehehee.....it wld b a dream come true for me to meet a cute lil fairy.. thanx...

September Pixie

a_shikhs, please see my post here:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=46393

you must first learn to meditate and learn the funidmentals of what a wand is and how and why its used.. without understanding meditation you won't be able to travel the astrial plane. Some people can do this naturally however, they learn this stuff at a young, young age.. its kind of like that movie the 6th sense.. they dont know what it is exactly and it often scares them until they are older.. much the case with naturals and astrial travel.. read, learn, and pratice. Thats the only advice I can give at this moment.

Webwitch

a_shikhs said:
umm...theres no particular reason y i want a wand.. just the idea fascinates me. by crystal wand, i meant a wooden wand wid a crystal on top.. wat r these wands actually used for??

I'm sorry a_shikhs, but I don't use those kinds of wands. I believe they are used in some forms of witchcraft, but not in my tradition.

There are sometimes used to cast the circle in Wicca [???]; I'm sure anyone who practices that form of witchcraft will be able to clear that up for you.

The information I sent you via PM should help you in the endeavours that September Pixie mentions in his/her post.

Cheers,
Webwitch :)

September Pixie

Wands are used to transport energy from one place to another.. young Wiccans are usually instructed to use them to aid invisuilization when casting circles, create energy 'tornados' and so on.. Again, read. 'The Craft' by Dorothy Morrison will explain EVERYTHING you have asked about in GREAT detail.

Jeanette

Well, this probably hasn't got anything to do with anything being posted, other than my hubby gave me a really cool "wand" for my birthday. I think it's really intended to be a stake for a planter (a large one). It's blown glass, and quite long, almost 20". The stake part is clear glass and tapered and the end is a small round glass ball, but it's swirls/patches of all different colored glass in the ball shape (larger than a golf ball, but smaller than a tennis ball). It's hard to describe and do it justice, but it's really interesting and unique and it made me think of a wand when I opened it! Maybe I'll just start using it for a wand!