Customized Tarot database freeware?

Neofelion

Is there such a thing? Am finding my years of handwritten notes hard to search. It sure would be great if I could pull up every recorded appearance of a certain card, or a certain spread.

I could do this in MS Access I suppose (has the advantage of being software I already own), but I dislike Access, and can't imagine a less Tarot-y program (maybe that's why I dislike it).

If there isn't a database pre-configured to enter readings, perhaps there is a simpler database freeware that could be adapted to such use?

rwcarter

I'm not aware of any such program.

I'm not an Access person, but I have created an Excel spreadsheet that can be used to track the appearance of cards in 3 card daily draws. You enter the correct abbreviation for the card and it's automatically counted by month, quarter and year and also by whether it lands in position 1, 2 or 3. That's only really useful if you do spreads with the same number of cards though. It's more difficult to track cards if you tend to use spreads of different numbers of cards.

Rodney

ETA: Welcome to Aeclectic, BTW!

WolfyJames

Well, in my case I use TreeDBNotes Pro but the app has a free version as well, the note tree section. You can create models and save them and insert them later. One example is one model I created to enter my decks in it so I had created a table with different entries like author, artist, publisher, year, ISBN, etc., and later I'd insert the table and all I had to do was entering the informations, I didn't have to recreate the table each time. I now use bookTome instead for my tarot and oracles collections. I love TreeDBNotes and I use it for everything from tarot, miscellaneous oracles (Petit Lenormand, ogham, sibilla, kipper, etc.), to writing projects.

gregory

Orphalese has the ability to save your readings - if you register - which is very cheap and last for life. If you don't register - the programme is still free and good to use.

Simpler databases - OpenOffice includes a database... It seems simpler. I like access, so I am biased... I save mine in an access database I set up with a nice form and so on.