Damaged Card

ThatKidWithTheFace

Hey, y'all! I was wondering if y'all could give me some advice.

I've been starting to read my cards a lot more heavily. I've had this deck for years, but over the past couple of months I've been getting real into it.

Well, long story short, the Devil card got damaged. It's badly warped. It's the only card that got damaged, so I can tell which one it is. It's starting to bother me.

I would contact the publisher, but it's out of print. I've had this deck since I was 10, so I'm rather connected to it, and can't really afford to replace it.

Do y'all have any advice ?

Sulis

Close your eyes when shuffling and choosing the cards so that you don't know which card is The Devil.

AJ

welcome to AT
Tell us what deck you have, it is possible someone here has a broken deck and can give you the warped card.

We have this ongoing thread for missing cards, post the same info there
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=217645

also on the right hand side below the number of pages,there is a drop down and you can search that entire thread for your deck.

One thing about tarot, it doesn't mind waiting while you are busy doing other things :)
Again, Welcome

Oh great, gregory snipe while I was reaching for my tea

ThatKidWithTheFace

Thanks for that, and it's the Ms. Cleo Power Deck. Sounds cheesy, I know, but it's a really nice Egyptian themed deck

delinfrey

I have had the Sacred Rose for ages and, let me tell you, it is damaged!
But I have come to accept it as the deck's personality - some of the warped cards have just gone back to flat in years.

I say - ignore and enjoy!

Sibylline

If your warped card really drives you nuts, stick it under a pile of heavy books for awhile and see whether that helps.

I would expect other cards to get damaged the more you use the deck. When that happens, I say accept the damage, repair your cards the best that you can, and carry on with your readings.

There is something wonderful about having a well-loved deck, though. I have a couple of decks that are full of damaged cards that I've repaired with anything from glue sticks to regular old tape to patch them up. Over time, I've embraced the damage. I find that the damage makes those decks "mine," so to speak.

The funny thing is, both decks are still in print. Yet, I can't bring myself to buy a new copy because I love my decks' battle scars so much. :)

Zephyros

I would contact the publisher, but it's out of print. I've had this deck since I was 10, so I'm rather connected to it, and can't really afford to replace it.

I think that for this deck not buying a new one would be too much hassle. It may be out of print but so many were produced that it's one of the cheapest out there. I found one on Amazon for seven dollars and one on eBay for five. You could probably also find a used, worn one to use to replace your own damaged card for less.