Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 222 : October 31 - November 6

BodhiSeed

Just thought I'd share my little idea, which I'm absolutely certain is not original! While I love doing decks of the week, I think it's a shame to hide away all the beautiful cards not currently in regular use. Also, I wanted to have my daily draw card visible. So, I went to some op shops and bought some frames to put cards in. I have two of the clear plastic ones and five metal framed ones. I keep a clear plastic one on my bedside drawers and the others scattered around, including these two currently on the piano. I'm thinking of sometimes putting the same card from several decks on display at once, just to have the different interpretations there to glance at during the day.
(Sorry for the poor picture quality, my iPad wasn't playing nice.)

That's a lovely display (and more cat proof - important in my house :laugh:). What deck is the lady with the tea kettle from?

DaughterOfDanu

I had an interesting draw today.For the "good" aspect of my day ahead I pulled The Hermit, but for the bad I pulled the 8 of Swords. It always amuses and delights me to see interesting combinations that I haven't seen before yet are so clear. It makes quite a bit of sense too as I've been quite a "hermit" since I got home Sunday and am quickly beginning to feel guilty for not accomplishing much.

I've always liked how the Wild Unknown really speaks to me on a deep level. The answers the cards give aren't always easy to see right away, but I like the journey it takes me on to reach them.

JylliM

Thankyou, Sweetcherise :).

That's a lovely display (and more cat proof - important in my house :laugh:). What deck is the lady with the tea kettle from?

That Queen of Cups is from Tarot of the Boroughs. I've had that deck on my wishlist purely for that card! Just bought it from Thorhammer's sale a couple of weeks ago.

JylliM

I had an interesting draw today.For the "good" aspect of my day ahead I pulled The Hermit, but for the bad I pulled the 8 of Swords. It always amuses and delights me to see interesting combinations that I haven't seen before yet are so clear. It makes quite a bit of sense too as I've been quite a "hermit" since I got home Sunday and am quickly beginning to feel guilty for not accomplishing much.

I've always liked how the Wild Unknown really speaks to me on a deep level. The answers the cards give aren't always easy to see right away, but I like the journey it takes me on to reach them.

I got The Hermit for my daily draw today, too. Anna K.

RiverRunsDeep

Falling in love with the Aquarian Tarot. :love: The simplistic images and colors translate into very straightforward messages. Today's daily draw.

JylliM

Falling in love with the Aquarian Tarot. :love: The simplistic images and colors translate into very straightforward messages. Today's daily draw.

I've had the Aquarian on my Wishlist for a while but I always buy some other deck instead. I think because I'm unsure of how much I'll get from the images. It's interesting to read your experience with it, thankyou.

VGimlet

At least I'm getting ONE thing checked off the list today! :rolleyes: The new thread is here.

Today I have a small list of chores and tasks to accomplish (including updating this thread) a dog club website to update, and 6,000 words to write for NaNoWriMo and a dog club meeting to attend tonight for a few hours.

Instead where was I? The insidious anti-task-worthy Facebook. Sucked into the maw.

Scarlet Woodland

Just one reason I don't do facebook any more :D If I had to split my time wasting between there AND here I wouldn't have any left :bugeyed:

Haven't had the easiest time with the Japaridze. The art's gorgeous, I love the box, the book & the feel of the cards but find I'm not actually using the artwork to read with... seem to just be reading it like pips and the images are almost a distraction.

Will come back to it later (possibly with a trim) and see if I get any more from it.

sweetcherise13

I fully enjoyed spending time with the Legacy of the Divine this week! The imagery is outstanding and the advice and messages were so clear that it is definitely one of my favorite decks! I'm going to work with it more in some upcoming readings and even just receiving the Tarot of Vampyres this week I think I will enjoy another personal week with this deck!

RiverRunsDeep

I've had the Aquarian on my Wishlist for a while but I always buy some other deck instead. I think because I'm unsure of how much I'll get from the images. It's interesting to read your experience with it, thankyou.

You're welcome. :) I agree, when deciding upon purchasing a deck, it is helpful to see how the cards work together in a reading. I highly recommend the Aquarian. The cards may not contain layer upon layer of meaning, but they tell a very clear story and it is easy to see how the images interact with each other. I have enjoyed working with it very much!