Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 224 : November 14- November 20

VGimlet

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks. Each week on a Saturday we will be picking a new deck to work with exclusively for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week - if you wish you can choose 1 tarot and 1 oracle so you can participate in all areas of the forum

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc

3. Daily Draws can be recorded in our Group Daily draws thread: the new thread which is now here - good from 11/2 -11/30 - ish

4. The following link is for members of the Deck of the Week group to post readings (other than Daily Draws) with their chosen decks or readings with spreads offered specifically by Deck of the Week members. No feedback or commentary on the spreads/readings is required (unless requested).

Deck of the Week Readings

5. Here are links so that members can post daily readings/reflections on Oracles or Lenormand decks:

Oracle Decks - Threads in Oracle Readings forum
Deck of the Week Group - Oracle Daily Draws
Deck of the Week Group - Oracle Readings Journal

Lenormand Decks - Threads in Lenormand Journals forum
Deck of the Week Group - Lenormand Daily Draws
Deck of the Week Group - Lenormand Readings Journal

Participants:
1. Vgimlet - Gill Tarot & Gli Arcani Maggiori de Roberto Viesi
2. Madame Squee - Illuminated Dark Crystal Tarot & Rodes Sanchez Tdm
3. Scarlet Woodland - Animism Tarot & Messenger Oracle
4. AJ - PetraK
5. JylliM - The Kitchen Tarot
6. RiverRunsDeep - Badgers Forest
7. Citrin - Nicoletta Ceccoli
8. BodhiSeed - MRP Fairytale Tarot & Tree Affirmations
9. TreeLeafe - Happy Tarot
10. strings of life - Kitty Kahane

VGimlet

I'm in with the Gill again - this week I will also be adding the Gli Arcani Maggiori de Roberto Viesi.

Madame Squee

Yippee! First after the first! :D

Illuminated Dark Crystal Tarot, please.

Thanks! :love:

Plus, Rodes Sanchez Tdm. Sorry!

Scarlet Woodland

I'm in with my shiny new Animism Tarot :D Planning on gilding it today if I can finally decide on a colour.

Had my interview with this deck yesterday and was amazed by the clarity which came through. Don't think I've ever had a deck which so instantly and clearly communicated what our relationship would be. Of course I then forgot to write it down <rolls eyes>

AJ

Rainring cards for me, thanks. Did you find your journal entry VG?

Madame Squee

I'm in with my shiny new Animism Tarot :D Planning on gilding it today if I can finally decide on a colour.

Had my interview with this deck yesterday and was amazed by the clarity which came through. Don't think I've ever had a deck which so instantly and clearly communicated what our relationship would be. Of course I then forgot to write it down <rolls eyes>

Wow! That's a nice-looking deck! I'd love to see your gilding, Scarlet.

Scarlet Woodland

Will post piccies when I'm done :) Thinking sunflower yellow over gold so might take a while...

watching the news at the moment :(

JylliM

Will post piccies when I'm done :) Thinking sunflower yellow over gold so might take a while...

watching the news at the moment :(

I was a bit sorry I went on Facebook this morning because I saw the news :(.

JylliM

Still deciding on a deck, I have so many new ones to choose from!

VGimlet

Rainring cards for me, thanks. Did you find your journal entry VG?

I decided to go find it in my journals. And weirdly, I ended up opening it to within a page of the Rainring. So, here is my somewhat edited entry from that review. :bugeyed:
Since the winds of whatever seem to want me to find it. And any excuse to not write on my NaNoWriMo project.

I won't share all the boring parts where I write down the card info, description, etc, just my opinion (and I'll paraphrase, since I can go on and on, LOL)

The deck was a little difficult to shuffle due to it's square shape. I waffled the whole week about if it was tarot or not and decided it wasn't, even though that's how I used it. I probably wouldn't recommend it to anyone wanting a straight tarot deck. That said, it is an interesting deck and I think it would be very effective if one were to spend the time and learn the system. I would probably replace it if it strayed.

Which meant I liked it enough that it's a keeper. And maybe down the road after I finish my first pass through my decks it might get used for a month or so far down the road.